Virginia Medicaid Troubles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroticButCute

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
VCU requires students to submit a Certificate of Coverage/ Coverage Verification Letter from our insurance in order to start classes. I have VA Medicaid/ Aetna and have been calling them for 10+ weeks trying to get this letter, and every time I reach someone they give me a new phone number or different office to contact, and no one seems to be able to help me. I'm starting to get worried because orientation is next week and I STILL cannot get this letter!
Any VA students, maybe VCU students, who can give me some insight into what to do about this? I already talked to the school and was told I'd be able to start orientation but I need to get this letter ASAP, and I am super stressed about how much running around Medicaid has made me do!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you tried to get Obama care ACA~That may be easier to get than Medicaid.

Current VCU student, also on Medicaid/Aetna. At no point during my ~3 years here have I provided them with this certificate and nothing has happened to me yet. Try your best and don’t worry about it. You’re not the only one that has problems getting the certificate from their insurance, the office is aware that students with Medicaid have this issue, and the individual in charge of collecting the certificates from students has a lot on her plate. Not a huge deal :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is it possible for out of state student to get Medicaid while attending MCV? thanks

is it possible for out of state student to get Medicaid while attending MCV? thanks
You have to be a resident of a state to get that state's Medicaid

I assume you live in VA while attending school? If so, then yes you can try to apply for medical coverage there.