viral protien

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loopy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just need some advice regarding research. I did a dissertation as an undergradute in UK and want to further the research here in the US. My research was basically studying computer models of a viral protien to understand the substrate interaction etc. How do I go about finding researchers who are interested in this kind of work? I am in chicago now and have looked at some websites of researchers at many universities and have found people working with the same protien but the research is completly different. What is the procedure to approach a researcher to discuss my interest and what all will be required to apply?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I just need some advice regarding research. I did a dissertation as an undergradute in UK and want to further the research here in the US. My research was basically studying computer models of a viral protien to understand the substrate interaction etc. How do I go about finding researchers who are interested in this kind of work? I am in chicago now and have looked at some websites of researchers at many universities and have found people working with the same protien but the research is completly different. What is the procedure to approach a researcher to discuss my interest and what all will be required to apply?
Start with Google, and take it from there. If your want to work on viral proteins, you'll probably need to take the GRE exam and apply for a Ph.D. in the U.S. Very few British graduates land a research position in the U.S. with just a B.Sc. unless an inside contact gets you the job.