Veterinary School Interview Conflict?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IvyMoose

Vet School... Eventually
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I know this might have been answered previously, but I cannot find threads or posts about it. I recently got interview invites for two schools, and I confirmed my spot for one of them. However, they’re both happening the same day and time. One school (school A) explicitly states “Please note that we cannot accommodate any rescheduling requests”, while the other (school B) states “We also ask that if you are unable to make your interview time or are no longer interested in attending [the university]” then to send them an email DECLINING the interview. I don’t want to decline either interview, since idk if I’ll be accepted to either. Should I email both for rescheduling? Or just school B since they didn’t explicitly state that they cannot accommodate rescheduling? Should I tell them that I have another interview that cannot be rescheduled, or just that “something came up”? Is anyone else currently (or previously) in the same boat? Any help is greatly appreciated because I am currently freaking out lol.

Members don't see this ad.

I would start by emailing school B since they were a little less hard-line on the issue. I would just be honest and say you have another interview scheduled at that exact same time, that you have been told cannot be rescheduled, and that you still are very much interested in school B and would be grateful if a different time could be worked out. If they can't accommodate a change then you can try with school A, and if neither can then you have a tough decision to make unfortunately :/

Reactions: 2 users
This happened to me when I applied. I had confirmed an interview at school A then school B emailed me an invite for the same day and had a hard policy of you’re here this day/time or you don’t interview at all. I called school A admissions department and asked if there was any way possible I could be moved to any other day/time. They had had an interview cancellation on one of the alternate days and moved me over. They were super understanding about it!

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you @WildZoo (nice to see your name again lol) and @EngrSC for your posts! I contacted school B and said I had another interview the same day and time, and they were very understanding (and congratulated me on multiple offers) and moved me to a different day! Thanks again, and hopefully people can find this thread when they need to (because I’m sure it’ll come up again).

• Love
Reactions: 9 users