Veterinary Leadership Conference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arielll6

Reaction score
Hi! Has anyone attended AVMA's veterinary leadership conference? How was the experience? Does it worth for a first-year vet student to go? I am hesitating because I am a first-year without much vet med knowledge and not much of an idea what I want to do in the future. I am just wondering if it would be a better experience for upperclassmen.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Has anyone attended AVMA's veterinary leadership conference? How was the experience? Does it worth for a first-year vet student to go? I am hesitating because I am a first-year without much vet med knowledge and not much of an idea what I want to do in the future. I am just wondering if it would be a better experience for upperclassmen.
Hi, I havent gone personally but did promote the event quite a bit as a student delegate a few years ago! Its perfectly fine that you're a first year and dont know what you want to do in the future. The VLC is much more about leadership and things along those lines and a lot less focused on your vetmed knowledge base. It's a great opportunity to network with fellow colleagues. If it's something you're interested in I would encourage you to apply and they usually choose one student per school and that person usually gets assistance to attend the conference.