Very weird thumbnail problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPevzner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a very weird condition with my thumbnails only... they both have an un-esthetic line going straight down the middle, lengthwise through the entire nail. It appears as if the nail is splitting down the middle. The line feels slightly concave. It doesn't hurt at all, and all of my other nails are fine. Any clue as to what this might be?? Pics of both thumbs are attached. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Photo on 1-8-14 at 1.28 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 1-8-14 at 1.28 PM #2.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Photo on 1-8-14 at 1.28 PM.jpg
    Photo on 1-8-14 at 1.28 PM.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 12
Hello, I have a very weird condition with my thumbnails only... they both have an un-esthetic line going straight down the middle, lengthwise through the entire nail. It appears as if the nail is splitting down the middle. The line feels slightly concave. It doesn't hurt at all, and all of my other nails are fine. Any clue as to what this might be?? Pics of both thumbs are attached. Thanks!

Looks like you have a relatively common condition called "IdontwannaseeadermatologistbutwanttogetanansweronlinefromarandomAndpossiblyunqualifiedsomeone."

On a more serious note, you should see a friendly neighborhood dermatologist for any concerns about your skin or nails.

See this http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/about-my-rash-questions.154559/

Last edited:
These forums are not for medical advice

Do not pass go, do not collect $200, please go directly to your friendly neighborhood dermatologist

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.