General Admissions & OTCAS very hopeful future OT student- any advise is helpful

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loggie9019

Vee_Jay
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a Junior year Kinesiology student. I'm finishing getting all my ducks in a row before I start applying to OT schools in less then a year.
My hope is to go to is Touro University in Nevada.
I have a Overall GPA of 3.01 currently but I still have over 10 classes to take before I graduate. I basically am a solid B student with a mix of more A's then 3 lonely C's.
I believe I can raise my GPA to a 3.4 before I graduate in a year and a half.
I have over 300 hours of Volunteering in a hospital setting from 3 years ago and a internship with an M.D. 3 years ago as well.
Is there any advise any of you can give me to better my chances of getting accepted?
What were some of your undergrad GPA's?
Are most schools very competitive?
Pretty much anything you guys have to say I would appropriate!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
Have you started shadowing any OTs yet? If you havent, try to shadow OTs in different settings like mental health, peds, acute care, etc.
If any of you C's are prerequisites, I would retake them. OT school is getting more and more competitive each year, so when you do apply, try and apply to quite a few schools like 7-10 schools.
Best of luck :) and if you need any advice during your application process, just let me know. I would be more than happy to help.

Hi!
Have you started shadowing any OTs yet? If you havent, try to shadow OTs in different settings like mental health, peds, acute care, etc.
If any of you C's are prerequisites, I would retake them. OT school is getting more and more competitive each year, so when you do apply, try and apply to quite a few schools like 7-10 schools.
Best of luck :) and if you need any advice during your application process, just let me know. I would be more than happy to help.
I plan to apply to Touro next year. Any tips on the interview process would be appreciated.