Very cool video

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

militarymd

SDN Angel
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmdoGgyPk8Q[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad.

Very Kool! I had intralipids added to our regional carts about 3 months ago. Now I can show pharmacy why.

Good video, MIL I don't know how I missed it I was just there yesterday watching "Kramer" loose it on stage.

A rat is rescued from an extended period of bupivacaine-induced cardiac arrest via infusion of Intralipid. Intralipid infusion is used to reverse a period of bupivacaine-induced cardiac arrest in a rat model. Arterial pressure and ECG waveforms are shown..

Members don't see this ad :)
definetely it is ? but wat is the source of it ??

Anybody knows if a large scale animal study has been conducted on the subject?
It would be interesting to give the same dose of local to Identical animals and compare lipids to placebo.

Sweet vid Mil. What originally caused the bupivacaine toxicity? (Obviously a toxic dose of bupivacaine - but fo' what?)

Propofol = fat.

Whaddya ya think about running this stuff until the pharmacist can send something up, OR, to try and stave things off till you get the bypass machine up n' running?

I asked the same question at ASA when Intralipids was discussed. The problem is that propofol lipid is not concentrated enough to have the same effect. The other issue is the cardiac depression that propofol would have while you are trying to get the heart back.

I asked the same question at ASA when Intralipids was discussed. The problem is that propofol lipid is not concentrated enough to have the same effect. The other issue is the cardiac depression that propofol would have while you are trying to get the heart back.

Interesting, but is this speculation or has it been studied?

that was awesome! i watched it as if i was in a real life clinical situation . . . it was better than watching The Sopranos

that was awesome! i watched it as if i was in a real life clinical situation . . . it was better than watching The Sopranos

Uh yeah........you need to get out more.