very confused with SB performance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc0307

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the NS FL and got 503 never got higher than 127 on B/B or C/P on both FL 1 and FL 3. I then took a try and did the section bank for both B/B and C/P and did them completely untimed. you could say I got at least 85% in B/B (I say at least cuz I didn't keep track of the ones i got wrong bc i checked answers after each passage and I got around that total) and just now got 77% in C/P.

I hear these things are brutal and that scores in this range that i achieved is fine. is that true? Then what the hell was up with my next step score? Anyone has been in a situation like this??
I really hope it's not bc i did it untimed lol I will be taking AAMC FL1 this Saturday. goal is 508+

last week, i got:
Bio 1 q pack: 69%
Bio 2 q pack: 77%
Chem q pack: 84%

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Check your %'s you mention a 69% bio 1 qpack which is simple and basic and then 85% on the bio SB. It def could be that your improving but that's a large bump.

It seems to me that most of the real exams vary by section on difficulty.
General consensus for 5/19 was that CP was similar to FLs but with tons of physics calculations.
CARS was FL level with 1-2 hard sections
BB was SB level so not terrible
PS was an alien

Some people get SB on steroid level CP and then simple PS sections so it varies by exam date.
Prepare the best you can and assume it will all be SB level.