VCU vs. GW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HolyMoly

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am finishing up school at MCV and was debating whether or not to stay here for my prelim medicine year or go to GW...any opinions? I would like to do my specialty training in DC if possible, but there is no guarantee of that until I match. I have heard GW is very malignant, but is it much different from the intern year anywhere else or at MCV for that matter? Thanks for the opinions! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

i also interviwed at gw for prelim..i didn't think it was that malignant, maybe not as chill as some other dc prelims...but not bad overall. what advanced program are you applying for?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not to be too negative, but I would slit my wrists if I had to do a GW medicine prelim year. I am a GW student and have unfortunately spent a good amount of time on the GW medicine wards (3rd year and AI). To be fair, not all of my classmates feel the same.

why do you say that? is it because of the workload or the people? it didn't seem that bad on the interview? is washington hospital better?