VCU/MCV c/o 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danisaur

Legal Drug Dealer-to-be
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It has begun...yay for being accepted! Since there's already an ED thread, I thought I'd start one for everyone, so we can include regular applicants too! Hopefully this will be a good place to share excitement and plans for next year. Congrats to everyone so far :thumbup:, can't wait to see you next year!

Members don't see this ad.

Grats all who accepted. Envy you guys. My interview is scheduled on Jan 16, 10.

I applied as a regular applicant. I had my interview 10/31. The waiting is killing me!!! I hope they send out letters before thanksgiving break. I dont want to be at home, and have the letter sent to my apartment, lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, Pharmco
I'm pretty nervous about interview and writting session. if not an burden thing, can we share your experience? do they grill on you? :p may not.. anything would be a great help.

Congrats to all of you who have heard good news. Just info for other people that may have been at early interviews in October and out of state. I received my acceptance letter on Nov 9. However, I only live in NC so you guys should get something soon.

Good luck to all of you, and I look forward to seeing you all this summer.

:thumbup:

Hi, Pharmco
I'm pretty nervous about interview and writting session. if not an burden thing, can we share your experience? do they grill on you? :p may not.. anything would be a great help.

I was reallllllyyyy nervous. Everyone works really hard to make you more comfortable. Everyone I encountered were extremely nice. My advice--have questions to ask them. It shows your interested. Relax (everyone says this) but its true. Read the questions from interview feedback...most of the questions they asked me were either verbatim or a slight variation of those questions. Just so you know...there are a lot of breaks. You do your essay, then a break, one interview, then a break, a second interview, then a break, then a tour, and thats it (not specifically in this order, but the idea is you have a lot of breaks, lol) Talk to other interviewees...people watch from afar and like to see interaction!

Other than that just be yourself. :) If they invited you for an interview, you have something they are interested in...and they just want to get to know you, so let them! :)

Congratulations to everyone who's gotten in and good luck to those who are still applying!

I applied early decision, had my interview on October 10th, then got my letter on November 7th (after what seemed like an ETERNITY). Accepted -- VCU School of Pharmacy, Class of 2014!

Such a relief, and so much to look forward to! I can't wait to meet everyone and start planning for next year!

What are the date of interviews for everyone who has received their acceptance letters?

i interviewed on 10/10 as an early decision applicant and received my letter on Nov. 6th

I called last Friday and was told that I had been accepted. I have not yet received my letter though. I live in NC and was a regular admissions applicant. The woman I spoke to on the phone said that if the letter doesn't come in the mail today, they would email it to me.

Congrats to everyone accepted and those offered interviews Good Luck!

What date did you have your interview?

I called last Friday and was told that I had been accepted. I have not yet received my letter though. I live in NC and was a regular admissions applicant. The woman I spoke to on the phone said that if the letter doesn't come in the mail today, they would email it to me.

Congrats to everyone accepted and those offered interviews Good Luck!

I interviewed on 10/10. Not sure what was going on with the mail though. I was told the letter was mailed out on November 4th. Regardless, she emailed the letter to me today. Its so nice to finally see it. I was getting a little worried.

Has anyone heard anything who interviewed on 10/31?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think we got a couple more weeks before we will hear anything from 10/31

I know....this waiting game sucks! I'm waiting for PCAT scores too. They showed up on PharmCAS today, so hopefully in the next day or two. I was hoping maybe someone heard something, or called, but oh well...just have to wait and see :)

Do you think they will take the PCAT scores from October into consideration?

Were there any other interviews since the 31st? :(
haven't heard back what so ever.

Does anyone know how often the adcom meets to decide on interview applications?

I interviewed the 31st also. I haven't heard anything back. I called and they said my status was 'post interview' or something like that. She said the adcom still has to decide, and she wasn't sure when they were meeting next. I hope they meet soon! I also hope they take october scores into consideration, so it may be longer than 3-4 weeks that we hear something.

they take the snail mail route right? there's another couple more days of waiting.

Anyone from 10/31 interview hear anything yet ? Laggggg!

Anyone from 10/31 interview hear anything yet ? Laggggg!

I called tuesday, they still said post-interview status and she wasn't sure when the adcom was meeting again. GRR the waiting sucks!

I think hearing back from the 10/31 interviews will take a lot longer than the previous ones especially if they will factor in the october pcat scores

what will it say under your pharmcas status once you've been accepted? does it only change after you have paid your deposit?

Last edited:
No I live in Cali. Im still waiting on cali schools so that 1000 deposit due next week is deadly.

that's weird that you received a letter before the instate applicants on this site. you must have had a really strong application. good luck on your cali schools!

Has any instate people who interviewed 10/16 or later heard anything yet?

No I live in Cali. Im still waiting on cali schools so that 1000 deposit due next week is deadly.

Congrats! I remember you being the only person that was from Cali at the interview, that is weird how you got a letter before anyone that is instate. I live 15 min from the school. This wait is killing me!!!

On a side note, if you get accepted how much time do you have before you have to pay a deposit?

Last edited:
About two weeks. Letter was dated Nov. 24, deposit due Dec. 9

Has anyone else from 10/31 heard back?

Or does anyone know how often the adcom meets?

i think that i read that the school is going to be closed starting on the 19th for winter break. if they allow everyone that same two week period to pay their deposit...that would put our deposits due around the 23rd IF they mailed out our acceptances today. considering that the school would be closed, i seriously doubt that we will be hearing anything before sometime in january. does this sound logical?

i think that i read that the school is going to be closed starting on the 19th for winter break. if they allow everyone that same two week period to pay their deposit...that would put our deposits due around the 23rd IF they mailed out our acceptances today. considering that the school would be closed, i seriously doubt that we will be hearing anything before sometime in january. does this sound logical?

It does indeed. I go to VCU for undergrad now...We're in finals week right now, and then we're off until the 19th of january....I dont think the adcom will meet. The MCV campus may start earlier than undergrad...idk...it would be a nice xmas present!!

Even with the main university closed, I think the admission office might still be open. The only reason I assume so, is because PharmCAS requires us to send an update at the end of this semester by January to our applied schools and it would not be possible if schools weren't open to send the trascripts and weren't open to receive them. Does this sound right? Has anyone waiting from an interview heard back at all?

I agree with ssutton1. In previous years, many applicants in va found out their acceptance a few days after Christmas, so the University probably was not closed around the 19th.
In more current news, has anyone heard anything back yet? called, etc? I interviewed in November, and have not heard a peep from VCU. I think I will call in the coming days if I dont hear anything back tomorrow and let you all know what I hear.

I think the last people that have heard anything is from the Oct 17th interviews. This waiting is killing me.

Quick question, did you guys take 100 level physics or 200 level physics? Thanks.

just got my acceptance. interviewed 11/14. now the looming 1000 deposit. ahh what to do! i've only interviewed at one other school and have 1 interview scheduled, and am waiting to hear back from the others...hmm

FFpharm... where you instate our out of state? When is the deposit due for you? Thanks.

If the deposit is $1000 then it must be out of state, hasn't anyone instate heard anything?

I got my letter Friday!! I was so excited! Good luck to everyone!!!