VCU DPT c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also a VA resident here! Have you guys put your deposit down elsewhere in the meantime?

Yes... at Shenandoah. How about you?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Me too!! At Leesburg. It was my second choice so I'm really excited no matter what happens.

I'm at Leesburg, too! Hoping VCU makes a decision soon. I'm ready for this to be done :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Also a VA resident here! Have you guys put your deposit down elsewhere in the meantime?
I unfortunately have not been accepted anywhere else yet either, so I'm getting pretty anxious and worried that I won't be accepted to any program this cycle :(

I'm wondering if some acceptances may have gone out, because they've been adding quite a few people to their FB page the past day or two. Still clinging to the hope that there are more acceptances yet to come!

I'm wondering if some acceptances may have gone out, because they've been adding quite a few people to their FB page the past day or two. Still clinging to the hope that there are more acceptances yet to come!

I too am waiting to hear back from VCU. Fortunately previous class FB groups have about 15 or so more members than the class of 2021's right now, which could leave room for another round of acceptances.

For those of you who are waiting, I'm curious if you would share a basic sense of when your application was submitted? I submitted mine later in the application cycle and am curious if that really affects the response time.

I too am waiting to hear back from VCU. Fortunately previous class FB groups have about 15 or so more members than the class of 2021's right now, which could leave room for another round of acceptances.

For those of you who are waiting, I'm curious if you would share a basic sense of when your application was submitted? I submitted mine later in the application cycle and am curious if that really affects the response time.

I submitted my application in August so....been waiting quite a while haha.

I submitted my application in August as well.

I submitted my application in August as well.

I submitted mine in August as well!

I applied early decision to VCU and was deferred to regular decision and still haven't heard anything either! Fingers crossed they send some decisions soon!

I also sent mine in early August. The waiting continues...

There is another open house on February 16th. I would hope newly accepted students would get at least a week or 2 to plan to go to that.

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted today at 3:06 PM via email!!!!! I immediately accepted my spot, considering I originally applied ED. Lol

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind if you share your stats??

University: VCU
Major: Biology
Minor: Chemistry
Overall GPA: 3.71
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.95
GRE: 150 Verbal, 158 Quant, 3.5 Writing
-Deans list for all but one semester
-Member of VCU Honor's College
-CPR/AED/First aid certified
-X ray certified

Observation Hours:
  • 8 hours of pediatrics outpatient
  • 12 hours of home health
  • 900+ hours from working as a PT tech
Extra-Curricular:
Crew club, running club

Employment:
Physical Therapy Technician (present), Organic Chemistry Supplemental Instruction Leader, Lifeguard at VCU gym, Lifeguard/Pool Manager at community pool, Genetics Lab Preceptor (received academic credit)

Letter of Recommendations:
2 from PT’s, 1 from professor (genetics lab)

Applied to:
VCU (ED--> deferred to regular decision), ODU, Radford, Mary Baldwin University/Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences, Shenandoah University, Marymount University, Lynchburg College, Thomas Jefferson University, University of Scranton, Emory & Henry College

Interviews: MBU/MDCHS (10/27), Radford (11/17), Marymount University (declined), Shenandoah University (declined), Emory & Henry College (declined), Thomas Jefferson (declined)

Denied: N/A

Waitlisted: N/A

Accepted: MBU/MDCHS (11/2), Radford (11/21), ODU (12/18), Lynchburg College (1/9), VCU (1/31)

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted today at 3:06 PM via email!!!!! I immediately accepted my spot, considering I originally applied ED. Lol

I am both insanely jealous of, and very happy for you. Congrats!!! (And thanks for letting us know)

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you so much! And seriously I think it's so important to post this stuff because I certainly know how it feels to be in the dark.... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of y'all! If I find out anything more about available seats I will post here.

I have accepted offers to both UNC and Emory & Henry and made my deposit to both!

Would you mind me asking if they gave you a deadline to accept by?

Hey guys! I applied to VCU regular decision and was in the same boat as it sounds like most of you are -- waiting and waiting but hearing nothing. Finally, last week, I decided to email the admissions coordinator and just say something along the lines of hey, VCU is my top choice but I have other schools waiting to hear from me and I need to secure housing since the one I'm going to choose if I don't get into VCU starts in May. She replied and said that she would mention my situation and application to the board and see what information she could get to me about the status of my application. A week went by and I got my acceptance email! I'm not sure if this would be the case for everybody, but I just thought I'd share my experience.

Reactions: 4 users
Two questions:

1) Is there a VCU DPT 2021 class facebook page/ could someone please reply with the link if there is one?
2) What is appropriate to wear to the accepted students open house? Like is a polo and khakis okay or should I go more button down and slacks?

Thanks!

Two questions:

1) Is there a VCU DPT 2021 class facebook page/ could someone please reply with the link if there is one?
2) What is appropriate to wear to the accepted students open house? Like is a polo and khakis okay or should I go more button down and slacks?

Thanks!
Current VCU student. Polo and khakis is fine. You should get a Facebook invite shortly. Once they get your deposit your name gets passed onto the 1st year class president and they add you to the group.

Congrats!

For people still waiting... do you think we still have a chance? I'm losing hope. Especially since there was an open house last Friday.

For people still waiting... do you think we still have a chance? I'm losing hope. Especially since there was an open house last Friday.
I emailed them last week. They told me that no decision has been made on my application and that they would let me know before March. It's not a denial, so I'm hoping that my application is still under consideration.

Reactions: 3 users
I got accepted into Murphy Deming and Lynchburg. I have already declined Murphy Deming. I'm just waiting to hear from ODU and VCU, before I decide to make my deposit to Lynchburg.
I am in the same boat as you! I have paid the deposit for Lynchburg though, and I got waitlisted at ODU today. Have you heard anything else from VCU or ODU?

I am in the same boat as you! I have paid the deposit for Lynchburg though, and I got waitlisted at ODU today. Have you heard anything else from VCU or ODU?
Same here! VCU said my application is "still being considered" and I got waitlisted at ODU on Feb 26th. Hoping to hear good news from VCU soon! Any idea if ODU will let us know where we rank on the wait list?

Same here! VCU said my application is "still being considered" and I got waitlisted at ODU on Feb 26th. Hoping to hear good news from VCU soon! Any idea if ODU will let us know where we rank on the wait list?
When did you hear anything from VCU? I still haven't gotten anything. I haven't heard of anyone being able to hear where they stand on the waitlist, but it couldn't hurt to try. I was going to try to get any information on how many people they waitlist or how many they normally accept off of it. I just want to hear something SOON! I'm going crazy! Hopefully it will work out of both of us.

When did you hear anything from VCU? I still haven't gotten anything. I haven't heard of anyone being able to hear where they stand on the waitlist, but it couldn't hurt to try. I was going to try to get any information on how many people they waitlist or how many they normally accept off of it. I just want to hear something SOON! I'm going crazy! Hopefully it will work out of both of us.
I emailed VCU about 2 weeks asking for an update on my application and that was their response to me. I just got waitlisted at Lynchburg today too, so I'm getting really anxious to hear from VCU! Good luck to you!

I emailed VCU about 2 weeks asking for an update on my application and that was their response to me. I just got waitlisted at Lynchburg today too, so I'm getting really anxious to hear from VCU! Good luck to you!
I emailed VCU on Friday to check my application status and Melissa Lee wrote back yesterday. She also told me that my application was still being considered, and that they will have final decisions in early April. She also said that if I haven't heard anything at this point and have other offers, she would recommend I take them because the class is almost full.

Luckily I'm very happy with where I am going (I got into my second choice, yaaay!), but I just want some official closure lol.

Good luck everyone!

Does anyone who has applied to VCU know if they do exit interviews or provide feedback for individuals who were not accepted and plan on re-applying?

I am right there with all of you, checking my email way too frequently hoping for some kind of update from VCU haha. Here's hoping we all hear good news soon!
I just got denied at VCU today, so good luck news should be coming soon.

For those who received rejections, were they sent via email or a letter in the mail? I haven't received anything yet, but I can only assume it's coming at this point.

I got it via email.

Thanks! I wonder why I haven't received one yet. Maybe there is a secret waiting list that they are not telling us about. Or maybe they are just trying to string me along a little bit longer ;) I'm just ready to know for sure one way or the other!!

Has anyone been waitlisted at VCU? I got waitlisted about a month ago, but haven’t heard anything since then.

Has anyone been waitlisted at VCU? I got waitlisted about a month ago, but haven’t heard anything since then.
I was waitlisted about a month ago as well! I contacted Melissa to see if she could give me an update since I have to make a decision for another school soon. She said that the Director of Admissions is out of office this week, but she'll check in with her next week to see if she can give me an update. She also said no one has dropped out of the class yet :(

I was waitlisted about a month ago as well! I contacted Melissa to see if she could give me an update since I have to make a decision for another school soon. She said that the Director of Admissions is out of office this week, but she'll check in with her next week to see if she can give me an update. She also said no one has dropped out of the class yet :(

Any word from Melissa?