VCU Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wan2BPharmD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I scrolled through this thread and saw a VCU '11 thread, but not one for '12.

So, for starters, anyone looking for a roommate? :D

Lookin for...

Male
Preferably non-smoker
Non super-partier (i.e. studious)

Members don't see this ad.

hey buddy.

this is a good post. i think there will be more who will need roommates in richmond. i believe many folks are just waiting to here back from all the other schools so that they can finalize their plans.

so starting this VCU roommate search board will be helpful. kudos brother/sister.

hey I'll be joining the '12 class....is anyone looking for a female roommate?

female, 22
non-smoker
clean

Or does anyone know good places to live?...I'm from Charlottesville but I don't know all the different districts that Richmond has/ what is close to MCV

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everybody!!! I'm looking forward to see u all! :)
I'm looking for a roomate:

female
non-smoker
single
clean :)

i will start apartment hunting on May or June. Prefer location is near a bus stop that connects to MCV.

plz send me a message!

just wondering, but when you received your acceptance letter, does it come in a big envelope?

I received at the end of November. I went to the interview on October.
the envelop is the same size as the invitation letter (it was different from what i expected...).
I wish u good luck!:luck:

this is killing me............still no letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey!! can't wait to meet all of you! =D

I'll be joining you all in August! Yay! Where is everyone living? I got an apartment in the West End. It's a 20 minute drive, but I'm close to where my horse lives. Congrats everyone.

Has anyone received anything from VCU about tuition, parking, housing...since being accepted? I haven't. Please let me know if any of you have gotten any info. Thanks

Has anyone received anything from VCU about tuition, parking, housing...since being accepted? I haven't. Please let me know if any of you have gotten any info. Thanks

I don't know if you have joined the Facebook group, but here are the important details:

We start orienatation August 11. We start class a week later. One found a link to the curriculum. Nothing has been sent to us...not that I know of. Hope this helps. See you in August!

I posted this over in the pre med forums, but I'm gonna repost in here:
For people looking for roommates...
my boyfriend (rising M2) and me (lowly pre-med) are looking to get a place no more than .5 miles from MCV campus. We think it'd be fun to live with other people, especially students. He wants a dedicated studying room, so we'd like 2 bedrooms. I'm not terribly familiar with Richmond (I'm in the SF bay area right now) and not sure if there are large (>2 bedroom) apartments or houses in that area. I've been to Shockoe bottom - it's really nice. If you're possibly interested, PM me.

anyone get pulled off the waitlist yet?

anybody have any clue what time our classes are? A little more organization would have been nice

Hey everyone,
Dont worry you'll get plenty of info about your schedule in the upcoming weeks. There are a bunch of us P2's hangin around richmond so if anybody has moved to town early or is working in town either PM me or just say so and i can let you guys know when we'll be out to meet up and you can meet some upperclassmen. Congrats everyone! You're going to love richmond!

ps. some of us will be going out tonight downtown if anyone is in town

If you go onto eservices you can view our schedule, just go to Student then Registration then Student Detail Schedule

Has anyone bought a laptop from which the school has recommended? I'm having trouble on deciding on one. Does anyone have any suggestions? Dell latitude d630/d830 or xps 1330/1530

hey guys

I was just talking with a p3 at vcu and she said to make sure that you dress up the first day and especially on days of skill labs. The prof will deduct points if you're not dressed up. I got the DL830(the one above the one they recommend) but I still have to buy Microsoft Office 07. If you get MO 07 through the bookstore it is at a huge discount if anybody was wondering. Also bring a checkbook or cash on the first day of orientation because they make you pay for your syllabi (plural of syllabus:p) but she said that most of the syllabi are placed on blackboard so I couldn't really fathom paying for them but she said they have some type of check list that they keep to see if you got them or not...nickels and dimes...nickles and dimes

If anybody has any questions you want me to ask the current pharmacy students let me know since I work with a lot of them. I'll try to get them answered in a timely manner. Guess I'll see all you guys and gals in two weeks...and then the fun begins:hardy:

so how is everyone going to dress for the orientation?

Hello All:

I want to apply to VCU one day. Was it hard to get in?

Does anyone know how easy it is to obtain in state residency in virginia? I have been an independent for at least 4 years in PA, however I will only be renting when I live in Richmond --- can't deal with house owning issues. If you know of any fellow classmates that have gone through this process, please let me know!

Does anyone know how easy it is to obtain in state residency in virginia? I have been an independent for at least 4 years in PA, however I will only be renting when I live in Richmond --- can't deal with house owning issues. If you know of any fellow classmates that have gone through this process, please let me know!

I took my last year of pre-reqs at VCU, but I am originally from NY. I have been independent for 5 years. I was denied in-state because I applied to VCU undergrad while still living in NY. I have my Driver's license in Virginia, car registered in VA as well as personal property tax paid, registered to vote in VA, all of this over a year before beginning pharmacy school, as well as being a resident when I applied to the pharmacy school. I was denied in state. I appealed the decision and testified in in front of a court reporter and 5 super high ups at VCU. Still denied. Next step would be to take it to the Virginia State Board of Appeals, and I decided that it wasn't worth it. So to answer your question, if you applied to the school from another state, it is impossible to get in-state tuition rates. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!