VCOM Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dt7538

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I interviewed at VCOM this month. About 5 days later, I was waitlisted via email. They told me they were "extremely interested" in my app and that my app would be "evaluated regarding early admission for 2022." I don't know if that's the generic response they send to all of their waitlisted people.

I kind of thought this would happen because I think March dates are pretty late in the cycle. I thought the interview went great, though. I guess my question is, do people waitlisted here have a good chance of getting off the waitlist? And for those of you that have been accepted off the waitlist, what did you do that worked for you?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got the same email for the Carolina's campus. So my guess is it's generic.

I got the same email for the Carolina's campus. So my guess is it's generic.

That's what I thought. Did you call for feedback about your application? I've been considering doing this.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I haven't. I emailed them right after receiving my wait list email stating I was still interested in the program. And I updated them when I submitted my D.O LOR. At this point it's just a waiting game.

No, I haven't. I emailed them right after receiving my wait list email stating I was still interested in the program. And I updated them when I submitted my D.O LOR. At this point it's just a waiting game.

Are we supposed to officially confirm our interest via email?

Are we supposed to officially confirm our interest via email?
I don't think it matters, but I followed it up regarding a question about my transcripts. So I just casually mentioned how I was still interested in the same email.

It's definitely a waiting game at this point. Normally, they'll update you if there's movement on the waitlist. I was informed when I was first on the waitlist, and it can literally go all the way to the end of the first week of school.

What id suggest (if u are in the top 5 by July) is to have everything ready: financial aid, immunization docs, LORs, etc. just in case you get the go ahead. Worst case scenario, you get early accepted to the following cycle and spend a year doing something constructive. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I've heard of people being accepted up until the 1st day of classes. Hopefully you are up on the list so you don't have to wait that long! This is the time of year where people change schools because they got accepted late so there is a chance.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

I've heard of people being accepted up until the 1st day of classes. Hopefully you are up on the list so you don't have to wait that long! This is the time of year where people change schools because they got accepted late so there is a chance.

I hope so too! Is it true that most people on the waitlist for this school either get off, or are accepted into next year's class?

I hope so too! Is it true that most people on the waitlist for this school either get off, or are accepted into next year's class?
Not sure about the following year. I do know a lot applicants who are accepted to DO schools and waiting to hear from MD schools. If they get accepted to the MD then they leave and the wait list people get their spots.

How long do you think we should wait before emailing vcom about where we are sitting on the waitlist?

From what the faculty has told me, the wait list has a decent amount of movement during the summer. I don't think a call within the next couple months to say, "Hey I am still very interested and was wondering my position on the wait list" would hurt, but it is up to you. It is my understanding that the wait list is only very loosely ranked, so the "squeaky" people on the wait list might be the ones who get actual acceptances. Best of luck to you!

I have heard of post-bacc students getting offered a spot for the following year. I could be wrong, but I don't think it is very common for non-post bacc students.

Last edited:
If it helps, I was waitlisted and accepted to the class of 2022 last summer before getting accepted for 2021. Wasn’t a post bacc. And plenty others I know from my class were in the same position. Hang in there!

Yesterday, April 17th, I was emailed and told I got guaranteed early acceptance for next year's class of VCOM-Virginia incase a spot doesn't open up for me in July. Hopefully you guys hear back soon as well! (and I am not a post-bac studnet)

Yesterday, April 17th, I was emailed and told I got guaranteed early acceptance for next year's class of VCOM-Virginia incase a spot doesn't open up for me in July. Hopefully you guys hear back soon as well! (and I am not a post-bac studnet)
When did you interview?

Which VCOM did you interview at?

Sorry to derail the thread but when you apply to VCOM, does your application go to all campuses or do you designate where you want to go?

Sorry to derail the thread but when you apply to VCOM, does your application go to all campuses or do you designate where you want to go?
You are asked to rank them in your secondary application. If invited for an interview, it will be at only one of the three and that is where you would matriculate.