VCOM-VA Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jordanhoo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A thread for all those who have been accepted to VCOM this year! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Just popping in to say hello! Got accepted there too, but still have interviews lined up and am choosing between another school (NSU)... just letting you know you're not alone! =P

Last edited:
Thank you! I was getting worried there for a couple of weeks! =p if you need any more input deciding between the your choices, I'll be glad to add my (slightly biased) opinion! Congrats for your acceptances!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to do a deep research of all the schools but input is always good! Why are you choosing VCOM?

To be honest, I just fell in love with their mission. Being from a rural, medically underserved place, I just found VCOM's focus on the treating these types of populations to be perfectly aligned with my values. If that's the type of doctor you want to be, then VCOM is a good match. There's very few, if any, other schools that seek to fill that niche. And I feel like VCOM is distinguished enough now (after 10 years) that your choices really aren't limited to only rural, primary care if you don't want to do it. But having that exposure is important, at least to me. :)

Hello! Just wanted to say congrats to all on your acceptances to VCOM-VA. I have also been accepted and have another so still deciding but I truly fell in love with VCOM so I'm leaning in that direction :)

Last edited:
Hey guys, I got accepted too! VCOM is a beautiful place!

Hey everybody! We've created a facebook group for the Class of 2017. Please join if you're coming next year and invite other VCOMers you know who might not be cool enough to be on SDN. :cool:

Look forward to meeting everybody soon, and congrats again for your acceptances!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/vcomva2017

Just got accepted today!!! I'm currently in the vcom post bac if anyone has any questions about vcom or Blacksburg I can try to answer them

Hey,

I had my verification email last month. I have not received a phone call yet though :( .. Should I be afraid? :scared: VCOM is my first choice and I would love to get in. Any advice or is it just a waiting game now?

anyone know what time the admissions called to tell you when you were accepted?