This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Class hasn't started yet but the staff should be there. I'd call whatever contact number is listed on the Bluefield site for the program.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if the notification method has changed (letter in the mail instead of email)?

how can we check the status of our app/ when will we know if we have been accepted

Members don't see this ad :)
how can we check the status of our app/ when will we know if we have been accepted

Last year there weren't status updates as far as I remember. You simply found out via email.

Last year there weren't status updates as far as I remember. You simply found out via email.
do you have any idea as to what the time frame of when we would be notified is or is it vague

do you have any idea as to what the time frame of when we would be notified is or is it vague

Last year it took longer because they had to process transcripts manually. With postbaccas, it should be quicker. My transcript was an absolute trainwreck and it took 4 months. Others were getting their responses in under a month.

Last year it took longer because they had to process transcripts manually. With postbaccas, it should be quicker. My transcript was an absolute trainwreck and it took 4 months. Others were getting their responses in under a month.

So, if I were to transfer my AACOMAS application over now (transcript is already completed) do you think I'd receive a response in under a month? Or do you know if they start sending out all responses at a certain point (end of February or something)?

So, if I were to transfer my AACOMAS application over now (transcript is already completed) do you think I'd receive a response in under a month? Or do you know if they start sending out all responses at a certain point (end of February or something)?

It’s honestly hard to say. I’m sure once you hear something from one person, you’ll start hearing for many others. It wouldn’t be worth bothering them about it though and I’d just try to distract yourself. That’s what I did. :p

how does one transfer app materials from aacomas? call them? or is it embedded in postbacccas?

how does one transfer app materials from aacomas? call them? or is it embedded in postbacccas?

I think you have to request it. You could probably just email them.

Hi All,

Has anyone been successful at sending LORs via Interfolio? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Postbaccas told me that interfolio is incompatible
You might be able to send them directly to the admissions department via Interfolio. That is what I did when I applied, but that was before they switched over to Postbaccas. I would email the admissions department to confirm.

Okay, so since Bluefield college is not handling this does this mean that I cannot use my VCOM application from AACOMAS to apply? The postbaccas application service is $130 to submit. BRUH. I CANNOT.
Postbaccas has a fee assistant program I think it is called. You should apply they might give you some free app if u qualify.

Hey @kelminak how would you describe the first half of the program? Is there anything you wish you would have done differently? How did the class fair on their first review round?
Thanks for the insight.

Hey @kelminak how would you describe the first half of the program? Is there anything you wish you would have done differently? How did the class fair on their first review round?
Thanks for the insight.

Tough but doable? I studied every day and had tons of free time up until the end of the semester. Just don't cram and follow the study guide they give you, it actually works.

Anatomy is the only thing I struggled with. I'll put together a guide on how to generally do well in the program after I'm through with it.

I don't know what the third question is asking.

Reactions: 1 users
Tough but doable? I studied every day and had tons of free time up until the end of the semester. Just don't cram and follow the study guide they give you, it actually works.

Anatomy is the only thing I struggled with. I'll put together a guide on how to generally do well in the program after I'm through with it.

I don't know what the third question is asking.
He/she means how many people made the first benchmark and received an acceptance from vcom school

He/she means how many people made the first benchmark and received an acceptance from vcom school

Oh! I listed the number somewhere else in this thread. 52 made the first round, and more will get in after they get their MCAT back (they take it this month).

Oh! I listed the number somewhere else in this thread. 52 made the first round, and more will get in after they get their MCAT back (they take it this month).
52 it is a good number ! This program it is awesome I’m getting all my letters of rec to apply. I hope the end of this month it is not too late. I have one question, is it personal loans or we can apply for students loans( financial AID) ?? Thank you

52 it is a good number ! This program it is awesome I’m getting all my letters of rec to apply. I hope the end of this month it is not too late. I have one question, is it personal loans or we can apply for students loans( financial AID) ?? Thank you
The program offers federal loans now.

I submitted my application on 1/5! Postbaccas is waiting on one more transcript to arrive.
Applicant from AZ!!!

I submitted my application on 1/5! Postbaccas is waiting on one more transcript to arrive.
Applicant from AZ!!!
Hi, I am an applicant from FL, I have a quick question, were you able to submit your application even though they don’t have all of your transcripts?

Does anyone mind sharing about how long it took for PostBacCas to verify their application? Also, does anyone know if they’ve already started reviewing applications?

Appreciate any replies! Good luck to everyone.

Does anyone mind sharing about how long it took for PostBacCas to verify their application? Also, does anyone know if they’ve already started reviewing applications?

it took postbacccas about two weeks to verify mine but i had 3 transcripts coming it at different times so it was weird timing for mine. id imagine about two weeks give or take is the usual though

It took PostBacCas about 2 weeks to verify mine as well. I only had 1 transcript coming in. Applied around October.

So while we are anxiously awaiting any news from the admissions committee, I'd figure housing would be a good topic to discuss. Please tell me there is affordable housing somewhere near campus. I don't mind a little drive to save on rent, but man cannot afford a $1000 rent!

So while we are anxiously awaiting any news from the admissions committee, I'd figure housing would be a good topic to discuss. Please tell me there is affordable housing somewhere near campus. I don't mind a little drive to save on rent, but man cannot afford a $1000 rent!

Are you planning on living alone? If you are, you don't have much of a choice.

I am not. I am married.

Will you both have a contributing income? The loans you get from this program would definitely be sufficient to cover half of a month of rent if someone else is covering the other half. I had to cover a couple months until my girlfriend found a job and we're still ok. Of course I don't know the full details of your life story. :p

Will you both have a contributing income? The loans you get from this program would definitely be sufficient to cover half of a month of rent if someone else is covering the other half. I had to cover a couple months until my girlfriend found a job and we're still ok. Of course I don't know the full details of your life story. :p
My wife works at a pet salon. I know loans will help cushion some of the financial need, however, her paycheck can range from 300 to 800 per week but that's because she has a clientele. Thus an 800 place to rent is out of the question (even now with both of us working it's out of the question).

My wife works at a pet salon. I know loans will help cushion some of the financial need, however, her paycheck can range from 300 to 800 per week but that's because she has a clientele. Thus an 800 place to rent is out of the question (even now with both of us working it's out of the question).

I honestly can't think of anything under 800 where you wouldn't be sacrificing a significant amount of quality. Keep in mind that your entire future is dependent on your success in this program, so it's important to be reasonably comfortable while you're here. There might be some stuff if you're willing to live really far away...but then we're not talking near campus. Are you already living in Virginia, or are you guys uprooting and your wife won't have the pet salon job?

I honestly can't think of anything under 800 where you wouldn't be sacrificing a significant amount of quality. Keep in mind that your entire future is dependent on your success in this program, so it's important to be reasonably comfortable while you're here. There might be some stuff if you're willing to live really far away...but then we're not talking near campus. Are you already living in Virginia, or are you guys uprooting and your wife won't have the pet salon job?
Ah yes, reasonably comfortable; To which finances are included. We live in East Tennessee (~2 hours West of Blacksburg) and I don't mind driving a little either.

Ah yes, reasonably comfortable; To which finances are included. We live in East Tennessee (~2 hours West of Blacksburg) and I don't mind driving a little either.

You could try looking in Christiansburg, too. There may not be quite as many options, but generally if you can find a place the rent is cheaper than Blacksburg.

You could try looking in Christiansburg, too. There may not be quite as many options, but generally if you can find a place the rent is cheaper than Blacksburg.

Gotcha. When you said "near", my definition of near is 5 minutes away, which is what I ended up doing before they announced the program was moving...

If you're willing to drive a little, I agree with @mc_bio19 that I've heard Christiansburg has some cheaper housing options. Just be sure to do what you need to in order to set yourself up for success.

I have a one bedroom and my rent is only 810 a month. You definitely can find something cheaper than 1000 and still be close to campus as well as have a descent living situation. The key is getting a place early as apartments fill up relatively quickly and prices go up

I have a one bedroom and my rent is only 810 a month. You definitely can find something cheaper than 1000 and still be close to campus as well as have a descent living situation. The key is getting a place early as apartments fill up relatively quickly and prices go up

Agreed. In Blacksburg especially, securing a place early is the key. You're competing for housing with upwards of 30,000 other students from the Virginia Tech campus.

Wow the program has received over 500 applications already!

Has anyone heard if they’ve been accepted/rejected yet

Has anyone heard if they’ve been accepted/rejected yet
I have not heard of anything yet. Tried emailing the program but haven't gotten a reply. I'm sure they're crazy busy. I'm anxious to know but don't want to seem pushy.

So I get the feeling housing outside of Blacksburg will be cheaper?
I have not heard of anything yet. Tried emailing the program but haven't gotten a reply. I'm sure they're crazy busy. I'm anxious to know but don't want to seem pushy.
when did you apply?

same
So I get the feeling housing outside of Blacksburg will be cheaper?

when did you apply?
i applied beginning to mid december so almost two months

i even called and when the lady picked up, i forget her name, she said she had forgotten her computer password and cant check anything until she finds it

i even called and when the lady picked up, i forget her name, she said she had forgotten her computer password and cant check anything until she finds it
Yeah, I'm dying to find out so I can spend time wisely on looking for housing. But I also don't want to be "that guy" that keeps bombarding them with calls and emails. I'll just keep working and wait... :(

Yeah, I'm dying to find out so I can spend time wisely on looking for housing. But I also don't want to be "that guy" that keeps bombarding them with calls and emails. I'll just keep working and wait... :(
Ha...everyone's struggle right now.

I still don't know how they know 500 students applied to this cycle . It is only January! I am freaking out lol