Variation in NBME and UWSA Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pr1d3D0c

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my exam in less than a week now and am curious what this distribution of scores means for me in terms of my upcoming exam day. I know that they aren't predictive, but I am assuming there is some correlation and would like some reassurance on where I stand. Goal is a 240+...

CBSE (taken three months out without any prep): 201
NBME 17 (taken five weeks out after about two weeks of studying): 219
NBME 20 (taken four weeks out): 221
NBME 22 (taken three weeks out): 228
UWSA1 (taken three weeks out, two days after 22): 254
NBME 18 (taken two weeks out): 244
NBME 23 (taken this Tuesday): 236
UWSA 2 (taken today): 254
UWorld Percent Correct (one block left): 73.4% correct with random timed. Trend has been closer to 80% over the past two weeks, however.

Members don't see this ad.

I have my exam in less than a week now and am curious what this distribution of scores means for me in terms of my upcoming exam day. I know that they aren't predictive, but I am assuming there is some correlation and would like some reassurance on where I stand. Goal is a 240+...

CBSE (taken three months out without any prep): 201
NBME 17 (taken five weeks out after about two weeks of studying): 219
NBME 20 (taken four weeks out): 221
NBME 22 (taken three weeks out): 228
UWSA1 (taken three weeks out, two days after 22): 254
NBME 18 (taken two weeks out): 244
NBME 23 (taken this Tuesday): 236
UWSA 2 (taken today): 254
UWorld Percent Correct (one block left): 73.4% correct with random timed. Trend has been closer to 80% over the past two weeks, however.
You’re not alone- same goal as you and similar scores with my exam coming up Monday. Hoping they’re an outlier for us and everyone else that has seemingly struggled with them. Good luck!

your last two NBME scores are fairly consistent with a 251 performance . Coupled with UWSA 2 and Uworld percent all point towards a similar score.

Reactions: 1 user
your last two NBME scores are fairly consistent with a 251 performance . Coupled with UWSA 2 and Uworld percent all point towards a similar score.
Thank you for weighing in! That is very encouraging. Would you be able to point me to where you derived that info from?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for weighing in! That is very encouraging. Would you be able to point me to where you derived that info from?
Look up the Reddit nbme correlation thread. The score predictor formula and also look up the uworld correlations chart on Reddit .

Look up the Reddit nbme correlation thread. The score predictor formula and also look up the uworld correlations chart on Reddit .
Thank you! I received a 244 today on NBME 21, and officially finished UWorld with a 74% (77th percentile). I feel like I’m ready for this thing now

Don't sweat too much about the new NBMEs. There is no data on how predictive they are. However, there is tons of data showing that NBME 18 and UWSA2 are the best predictors, which you scored great on. Good luck!

Don't sweat too much about the new NBMEs. There is no data on how predictive they are. However, there is tons of data showing that NBME 18 and UWSA2 are the best predictors, which you scored great on. Good luck!
How is the data on the free 120 predictive value? Looking back, I made some stupid errors, but I got a 78% which seems lower than where I am projected to be compared to everything else