Vandy v. WashU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which school would you choose?

• Vandy

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • WashU

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plantay

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There was an older thread discussing these two schools, but I am hoping to get more current feedback. If there are any students from either school, please feel free to share your opinion. Assuming things are equal financially, which school would you choose and why? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

There was an older thread discussing these two schools, but I am hoping to get more current feedback. If there are any students from either school, please feel free to share your opinion. Assuming things are equal financially, which school would you choose and why? Thanks :)

I'm somewhat in the same position, except I've pretty much eliminated WashU from contention (still considering others vs. Vandy, though). I found that I would probably be much happier at Vandy (WashU people seemed stiff), because the people were considerably "warmer" in my opinion, and having spent several months in Nashville and St. Louis, I can certainly say Nashville>>>>St. Louis.

I would say it'd be hard to pass up Wash U if the finances are looking similar. Both are awesome schools, but Wash U is awesome of the awesome! Go with them. Note: I'm on the waitlist at Vanderbilt. Watch out for waitlister-answers. :D

Really, though, it'd have to come down to what you thought was most important, and then which school had it. Prestige (getting nit-picky between the two as both are very good)? Finances (assuming against your assumption that they might not be equal :))? Curriculum or specific opportunities? Location?

Best wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.