Vandy 6 yr Financials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wolfman26

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applyin this next year to OMS and was wondering if there is any form of assistance other than federal/private loans to pay for Vanderbilt's med school tuition being that its $40k a year. Won't keep me from applyin there by any means as its just something ya gotta do but just was wondering and figured i would ask. I know that loans would have to cover the cost of living while in med school but was unsure about the tuition. Thanks for any and all replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Wolfman,
I think you would be able to fill out a FAFSA and apply for federal aid, or you can look into the new federal direct student lending program. Otherwise, you are looking at GRADPlus loans which sit at 8.5% fixed.

Its really confusing I know.

Best,
OMFSPrime

Dr. McKenna has tried to raise funds from alumni of the 6 yr program for a scholarship but I don't know if it was ever initiated. As of my application cycle (graduated 2008), we were told there would be a one time $10,000 assistance, leaving about 110k for student loans to cover plus living expenses.

Appreciate the advice. Its a steep cost, but like any other expense for application/residency, it's an investment. only way to look at it. Thanks.