Vanderbilt acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applyingnotfun

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know how vandy goes about accepting people? will it be through e-mail, snail mail, or on our application status page? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i think it's through snail mail. i remember from the interview that pat sagen (head coordinator) told us we should expect to hear ~4 weeks postinterview via mail. be great if they would update the status page too though!!

I heard they do it via phone too...

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys..im eagerly awaiting vanderbilt's decision too! i found out that they will notify all applicants by snail mail, and the dean will actually call if he is available. but, just because you interviewed in early sept doesn't mean you'll hear this week....it depends on when your file went to committee........good luck guys!

finally i get to hear something...i interviewed there august 19th, so hopefully they've reviewed my file by now...we'll see what tomorrow brings...

why couldn't they just email us or update our application status page tonight at midnight? that would be sweet. i interviewed there on august 26th so i imagine they've made some kind of decision about me, though that decision may be to just keep me on edge for a couple months.

yeah you guys should def here on the 15th!! post whatever you hear on SDN! apparently my decision will be made on Friday....so I'll keep you posted too! Good luck!!

I'm gonna try to leave my cell phone on the whole day (That's the phone number I used on AMCAS app), and maybe I'll get lucky hehe....:)

Or hopefully they won't be, "Hmm..Mr. Ho, your app just sucked, I don't even know why I'm spending time calling you about your rejection"....

arrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh.......i can't take it! this suspense is agonizing. opened my inbox, heart pounding, when i saw "2" e-mails. stupid promotional emails from barnes & noble...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

nothing yet! sighhhhhhhh.........

Originally posted by spumoni620
arrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh.......i can't take it! this suspense is agonizing. opened my inbox, heart pounding, when i saw "2" e-mails. stupid promotional emails from barnes & noble...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

nothing yet! sighhhhhhhh.........

You're not alone :)

I got accepted to Vandy!

It was a surprise, because I was calling the admission office about my mailing address (They have the wrong zip code on the online status page). Then the lady on the phone was like, the dean wants to talk to you. I was thinking maybe he wanna clarify something on the app with me, as the lady on the phone told me she can't tell me their decision over the phone.

So the dean was like, "Why do we need your ZIP code?"...I was like...huh? So you can mail the decision letter to the right place. Then he was like, "Well what if you got admitted to our school, should we still mail something to you?"....I was like OMG!

Members don't see this ad :)
omg CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :clap: :clap: that is amazing. i wish i had an issue to call them about (besides the fact that I WANNA KNOW!!!)

:)

CONGRATS!!!!! :clap: :clap: What a cool way to hear!!

Congrats Caleb!!
Thats so exciting....

yes congrats! that is awesome.

i was just wondering, could you go check your application status page and see if it says anything about being accepted? thanks.

Congrats, caleb. Seriously.

Vandy had a status check page? damn... can somebody tell me what the address is? Maybe my zip code on their website is wrong...

Originally posted by spumoni620
omg CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :clap: :clap: that is amazing. i wish i had an issue to call them about (besides the fact that I WANNA KNOW!!!)

:)

I called them today to ask when they will be sending my letter (or lack thereof) out. The lady at the phone was very nice and she said they are sending a bunch of stuff out today, but committee will meet on friday to decide my fate, so some people may find out next week - tuesday or wednesday. I interviewed on 9/5.

Originally posted by Outer Space
I called them today to ask when they will be sending my letter (or lack thereof) out. The lady at the phone was very nice and she said they are sending a bunch of stuff out today, but committee will meet on friday to decide my fate, so some people may find out next week - tuesday or wednesday. I interviewed on 9/5.

Ack! Didn't they say within four weeks??? Man, I need tranquilizers or somethin right now... :mad:

Yes, the lady on the phone did say that not all decisions were made. In fact, she had to look over for my folder to find out the status, and of course, luckily, my decision was already made.

The online status page is basically the site where you fill out the online secondary. It doesn't say your acceptance status, as far as I know. Also, a lot of peoples' mailing address zip codes were screwed up, so check yours to make sure. I bet you hope it's wrong so you got a reason to call them today:p

P.S. I was interviewed on SEPT. 4

Congrats everybody! :clap:

I called today to check my status also... talked to the lady...she checked my file... said I had gone before the committee... that she couldnt tell me anything over the phone... But there was no dean waiting to talk to me.

Not a good sign I think. dern.

Cant complain too much though, since I got accepted at the only two schools where I could get an answer over the phone.WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO.

congrats to you Gleevec on vandy....that's awesome news!

BTW, when I talked to them at Vandy today they said the status page would NOT be updated with acceptances before an applicant gets either phone or mail confirmation

has anyone who interviewed in late august/early september been notified of either a waitlist or rejection? so far...SDNers seem to be getting into Vandy! Congrats all!! I'm PRAYING FOR A CALL ON FRIDAY!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

for those who have been accepted to Vandy....would you mind PMing me with your stats?? I'm so anxious right now...I just want see how im stacking up......thanks sooo much!! i know you guys know how i feel right now...i cant wait 48 more hours!! ahhh!!!!

Originally posted by tugbug
I called today to check my status also... talked to the lady...she checked my file... said I had gone before the committee... that she couldnt tell me anything over the phone... But there was no dean waiting to talk to me.

Not a good sign I think. dern.

Cant complain too much though, since I got accepted at the only two schools where I could get an answer over the phone.WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Not neccessarily, maybe the dean took off from work early or had an appointment at the time. I mean, he doesn't just sit around all day waiting for us anxious applicants to call!

wow, what a way to find out! congrats!

The Dean called me, didnt ask about my zip code, just wanted to inform me about it. What a nice guy =)

Hey guys got the phone call today around 2:30 OMG! I was talking to another adcom when it beeped. Had to wait until I was done and then called back to Vandy, the dean had left a message....really really awesome day I will never forget. Oh, I interviewed there on 9/2

CONGRATS everyone!! Glad to hear the goodnews from you guys.!!!! :)
Originally posted by efex101
Hey guys got the phone call today around 2:30 OMG! I was talking to another adcom when it beeped. Had to wait until I was done and then called back to Vandy, the dean had left a message....really really awesome day I will never forget. Oh, I interviewed there on 9/2

Originally posted by efex101

Congratulations!!! I've been looking for your acceptance thread all day. ;) I just knew you would get in! Awesome.

Theresa

Congrats to all of you guys that got the call.

Would any of you post your stats so those of us who did not get "the call" can see how far short of accepted we are? Im hoping all of you had 45s, 4.0s, and a Nobel prize...Because I interviewed there on 9/8 and Im pretty sure (per phone call today) the committee has already looked at me, compared me to you guys... and then apparently looked the other way hehe.

Originally posted by tugbug
Congrats to all of you guys that got the call.

Would any of you post your stats so those of us who did not get "the call" can see how far short of accepted we are? Im hoping all of you had 45s, 4.0s, and a Nobel prize...Because I interviewed there on 9/8 and Im pretty sure (per phone call today) the committee has already looked at me, compared me to you guys... and then apparently looked the other way hehe.

Vandy hasn't made all the decisions for people who interviewed in August/Sept yet. Some people will be up for comittee decision this Friday, and maybe some later. They probably do this by last name or geographical area, and a phone call a few days earlier probably doesn't mean anything.