VA DPT Schools 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Intramode7@

Reaction score
Forum for VA PT school interviews, acceptances, etc.

I’ve been accepted to Emory & Henry. Have interviews coming up for Shenandoah and Marymount, still waiting to hear back from Murphy Deming and Radford.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Forum for VA PT school interviews, acceptances, etc.

I’ve been accepted to Emory & Henry. Have interviews coming up for Shenandoah and Marymount, still waiting to hear back from Murphy Deming and Radford.
I'm interviewing at E&H this weekend. Do you have any tips or mind sharing your experience. It is one of my top schools and I'm excited for it!

I'm interviewing at E&H this weekend. Do you have any tips or mind sharing your experience. It is one of my top schools and I'm excited for it!
I’m a current 1st year at e&h if you have any questions!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have any tips for the interview? I am a little nervous about the group interview and the questions that will be asked.
I know it sounds silly but honestly just be yourself!! Im not sure which faculty members are doing the interviews but I know that my classmates that are assisting with the group interviews/activity are really chill. It’s really nothing to stress over!! The faculty just want to get to know who you are as a person and get to know you past your application. I remember being super nervous (I actually interviewed here twice, once in January 2020 in person right before Covid hit and then again last September on zoom) and I was so nervous the first time and was trying to be someone I wasn’t and ended up backfiring big time (obviously as I didn’t get in on my first time). Just be you and if it’s meant to be it’ll be!!

I know it sounds silly but honestly just be yourself!! Im not sure which faculty members are doing the interviews but I know that my classmates that are assisting with the group interviews/activity are really chill. It’s really nothing to stress over!! The faculty just want to get to know who you are as a person and get to know you past your application. I remember being super nervous (I actually interviewed here twice, once in January 2020 in person right before Covid hit and then again last September on zoom) and I was so nervous the first time and was trying to be someone I wasn’t and ended up backfiring big time (obviously as I didn’t get in on my first time). Just be you and if it’s meant to be it’ll be!!
Thank you so much! This was really helpful! I am looking forward to learning about the program and getting to see the facilities.

Just be confident and if you have experience working with different patient populations you should be fine. My individual interview went pretty smoothly, some of the questions they asked were: Tell me about your self?, Why PT?, Why E&H?, when was there a time you shown leadership?, when was there a time you had a conflict? Hope that helps, and good luck with your interview.

Just be confident and if you have experience working with different patient populations you should be fine. My individual interview went pretty smoothly, some of the questions they asked were: Tell me about your self?, Why PT?, Why E&H?, when was there a time you shown leadership?, when was there a time you had a conflict? Hope that helps, and good luck with your interview.
Thank you so much! This was very helpful to help me prepare!

Anyone heard back from VCU yet?? I did the interview a couple weeks ago but am anxiously awaiting news!

Just got my acceptance from radford today! Interviewed with Shenandoah and VCU and still waiting to hear back for a final decision. Nothing much from ODU.

Just got my acceptance from radford today! Interviewed with Shenandoah and VCU and still waiting to hear back for a final decision. Nothing much from ODU.
Did you interview the 11th & 12th? I interviewed the 11th and they said they wouldn’t be sending out decisions until December.

Did you interview the 11th & 12th? I interviewed the 11th and they said they wouldn’t be sending out decisions until December.
I interviewed the 11th and heard back today about being accepted. They also told us it wouldn't be until December so it was very unexpected.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed the 11th and heard back today about being accepted. They also told us it wouldn't be until December so it was very unexpected.
Do you think that’s all the acceptances they will be sending out? Or are sending a little at a time? I haven’t received a denial or waitlist.

Do you think that’s all the acceptances they will be sending out? Or are sending a little at a time? I haven’t received a denial or waitlist.
I doubt that’s all the acceptances they will be sending out. I heard previous students say they found out at slightly different times at the interview. Their deposit is due December 1st and I’m sure lots of spots will continue to open as people turn down seats for other schools.

How long did it take y'all to hear from E&H? They emailed us earlier in the week and said we should know by today but I still haven't heard anything. 😬

How long did it take y'all to hear from E&H? They emailed us earlier in the week and said we should know by today but I still haven't heard anything. 😬
My interview for E&H was on a Saturday and I heard back the following Tuesday.

Do you mind sharing your stats? Also when did you submit your application? Congrats btw!
Sure I finished my application on 9/27 and receive invitation for virtual interview(recorded) on 10/13 available until 10/19, so it took a month until the acceptance letter. I'm an International student but from what I've heard, they consider the stats on the same line as students in US so here's my stats. Hope this helps!

University: International student(Korea)- Sunshine Women's University, Yonsei University(2 bachelor's degrees)
Major: Global medical science, physical therapy(in Korea PT is a bachelor's program)
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6-7
GRE: 154V 160Q 4.0AW
LOR: 1 from PTs and 2from professor
Observation Hours: 1000 outpatient and inpatient hospitals (orthopedics, geriatrics, neuromuscular, sports rehab
Volunteer/Extracurriculars: volunteered at free clinic for homeless and foreign workers, many club activities(volunteer, snowboard, etc) including Vice President and president of the clubs, amateur snowboard athlete(won at competitions), 1st and 2nd place at college sports events. Worked at Pyeongchang Olympic test event.
Honors: Highest Honors, Scholarship for Improving the Language Skills, President Special Scholarship
Employment- part-time jobs, worked as translator for English-Korean and Japanese-Korean, full-time and part-time sales assistant and manager at clothing company until now
Applied: BU, MGH, OSU, WashU, Washington St Louis, UCSF, Temple, Regis, Delaware, USC, Mayo, Northwestern
Interviews: BU, VCU
Accepted: VCU
Waitlist: Northwestern
Rejections: Mayo, Delaware

Sure I finished my application on 9/27 and receive invitation for virtual interview(recorded) on 10/13 available until 10/19, so it took a month until the acceptance letter. I'm an International student but from what I've heard, they consider the stats on the same line as students in US so here's my stats. Hope this helps!

University: International student(Korea)- Sunshine Women's University, Yonsei University(2 bachelor's degrees)
Major: Global medical science, physical therapy(in Korea PT is a bachelor's program)
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6-7
GRE: 154V 160Q 4.0AW
LOR: 1 from PTs and 2from professor
Observation Hours: 1000 outpatient and inpatient hospitals (orthopedics, geriatrics, neuromuscular, sports rehab
Volunteer/Extracurriculars: volunteered at free clinic for homeless and foreign workers, many club activities(volunteer, snowboard, etc) including Vice President and president of the clubs, amateur snowboard athlete(won at competitions), 1st and 2nd place at college sports events. Worked at Pyeongchang Olympic test event.
Honors: Highest Honors, Scholarship for Improving the Language Skills, President Special Scholarship
Employment- part-time jobs, worked as translator for English-Korean and Japanese-Korean, full-time and part-time sales assistant and manager at clothing company until now
Applied: BU, MGH, OSU, WashU, Washington St Louis, UCSF, Temple, Regis, Delaware, USC, Mayo, Northwestern
Interviews: BU, VCU
Accepted: VCU
Waitlist: Northwestern
Rejections: Mayo, Delaware
Thanks so much! This is very helpful. You have a great application!

Has anyone heard back from Shenandoah? I interviewed mid November
I think a few people got accepted on this thread but I also interviewed in November (11/6 I believe) and haven’t heard back yet. Hoping to hear soon!

Congrats! what did you think of their program? I was waitlisted. Hoping I’ll get pulled off and accepted sometime in January or February!
I really like Marymount’s program. I think it’s going to come down to tuition cost between Marymount and Shenandoah.

I think a few people got accepted on this thread but I also interviewed in November (11/6 I believe) and haven’t heard back yet. Hoping to hear soon!
Thats fair, but Im referring to the more recent pool of interviews. Fingers crossed!

Got waitlisted for Shenandoah today. It’s one of my top two choices so feeling a little discouraged, but I know they go through a lot of their list so hoping for the best!

Has anyone that wasn’t accepted right after interviews heard from Radford? They said this week, but haven’t heard..

Declined Emory & Henry as well as Marymount. Hopefully that will open spots up. Put my deposit down for Shenandoah.

Anyone else waitlisted at Shenandoah? They said we could email to find out our ranking on the waitlist after the new year, so I’m planning to email them on Monday, but I just wanted to make sure others were going to email them that soon as well. I’m assuming they figured out the rankings before the winter break and will just be back in the office after the new year to reply to emails then.

Hi have you heard back? I’m planning on attending and would like to connect!

if anyone is planning on attending Emory and henry pls lmk I’d love to connect

Declined my seat at Marymount today, hope some of you on the waitlist get my spot!