UWSA2 220 2 weeks out, need a >230

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pre med 2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I still beat the national average on the real deal in 2 weeks? Went from 209 on uwsa1 to 220 on uwsa2 with 11 days of dedicated study. Got about 16 days dedicated left

I can move exam up to the 24th before the changes

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Just do your best in this 16 days and probably you will hit your target but don't take the exam unless you're at least around your goal score, it's a one time shot and nothing is worth the risk.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

thanks for the tidbit of reassurance, I will take an NBME in about a week I'm just scared I'll score like in the low 200's or something (instead of making progress up to 230 which is the ideal outcome if I work on my weak areas for next 7 days). I'm scared since uwsa is supposed to over predict and the curve is extremely lenient 64% was a 220 whereas anything below 75% is a fail on nbme's since they changed the grading scale

If you're taking the practice test in a week, you still have another week to regroup and take another practice test should you need to, right?

Really, there's not much you can do but keep on keeping on. Your increase between the UWorld exams is a good sign.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I guess uwsa does overpredict

Nbme 19: 205

I am so demotivated right now just when I thought all my hard work was finally starting to pay off (due to ok uwsa scores) I get hit with a low nbme. There is no way I will hit 230, what do I do now exam is in 9 days?

Alright what you guys recommend I do? Nbme 18: 213

It says I'm weak on msk GI and CVS
Says I'm good on renal and endocrine but these are the 2 sections I still have left to do my final passes on in FAP, if I don't move my exam back do I do renal and endo for completeness sake/my psychological need to go through everything twice

or do I go on to my weak areas even though I just literally went over msk

Push it back. Most people have said that you can expect to be within +/- 10 points of your NBME average.