UWorld as primary study source?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LouisianaDoctor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

What do you think of using UWorld as pretty much your primary study source for Step 2 CK?

I've already read through Step up to Medicine and FA. I got a lot out of them, but I feel like UWorld does the best of honing in all the information. Ie, I can read the couple of paragraphs about sarcoidosis in Step Up, but when I have a question on it in UWorld I can work through the entire diagnosis and tx.

Do you think it's ok to really focus on UWorld and try to master the material in every question there?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

What do you think of using UWorld as pretty much your primary study source for Step 2 CK?

I've already read through Step up to Medicine and FA. I got a lot out of them, but I feel like UWorld does the best of honing in all the information. Ie, I can read the couple of paragraphs about sarcoidosis in Step Up, but when I have a question on it in UWorld I can work through the entire diagnosis and tx.

Do you think it's ok to really focus on UWorld and try to master the material in every question there?

Step 2 FA or Step Up Step 2

and

UWorld

Get you a 230. If you've ALREADY done both Step FA and Step Up Step2, you're in a really good position. Now, using Uworld is all you need. I would, however, recommend dedicating a weekend to read through one of the books you've already read to refresh you, AND I would "master the material in the question" by sometimes referencing the disease in FA or SU.

You're in a good place.

Step 2 FA or Step Up Step 2

and

UWorld

Get you a 230. If you've ALREADY done both Step FA and Step Up Step2, you're in a really good position. Now, using Uworld is all you need. I would, however, recommend dedicating a weekend to read through one of the books you've already read to refresh you, AND I would "master the material in the question" by sometimes referencing the disease in FA or SU.

You're in a good place.

Thank you kindly for the nice words. I've been away from medicine for 2 years so it's a bit daunting getting back into it. I know I've forgotten a lot, but learning the material in UWorld and Step Up is really helping out!

So I've been using only UWorld for the past 11 days, I have done 85% and I'll be 95-100% done by Thursday depending on how efficient I am. My scores are b/w 65 - 81 and averaging 73%. I added reading through Step 2 Secrets, started this week about halfway done, just because I was worried that UWorld alone wasn't enough. Otherwise I've just been reading wrong and marked answers and taking notes on the explanation.

Any last minute advice for Wednesday/Thursday? This seemed like a good idea when I started because I had so little time but now I'm nervous I'm not doing enough, I don't need a 270 but I would like to be somewhere in the 240s. Anyway probably just last minute nerves, help is appreciated.

Just curious, did you start world at the beginning of 3rd year or are you getting ready to take step 2 soon? Sorry this is kind of off topic.. I'm just starting out with IM now and am not sure whether most start with World or just get it at the end. I was originally thinking about doing MKSAP since everyone in my rotation seems to use it, but apparently everyone on SDN uses world?