Program-Specific Info / Q's UW-Madison

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The decision deadline is the end of the month, 3/31. Hope you hear back ASAP!
Ah, so exactly 2 weeks to accept or deny. I guess at that time, we should hear about any waitlist updates. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I just heard back from UW Milwaukee today and was accepted. I will be declining my spot but hopefully this helps someone else!

I just heard back from UW Milwaukee today and was accepted. I will be declining my spot but hopefully this helps someone else!
Thank you for updating! When did you apply? And also where will you be going instead?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you apply to UW Madison? would you mind sharing your stats? TY

Did you apply to UW Madison? would you mind sharing your stats? TY
I did not apply to Madison. I applied to St.Kates (MN), Rush, Elmhurst, UIC, UW Milwaukee, Lewis, and North Central and got into all of them. If you still want stats though let me know :)

I did not apply to Madison. I applied to St.Kates (MN), Rush, Elmhurst, UIC, UW Milwaukee, Lewis, and North Central and got into all of them. If you still want stats though let me know :)
If you're willing to share, I'd still be interested! I applied to UW Milwaukee and have no idea where I measure up compared to other applicants lol

Hi, everyone! I got accepted into UW-Milwaukee today (3/30)!!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I got an email. I don't really know my stats off the top of my head, but I can give you a rough outline haha. I was a Psychology and Mathematics double major and have undergraduate research and presentation experience. My cumulative undergrad GPA (+post-bacc courses) was around a 3.0, last 60 credits is much better, probably around 3.5 at least, pre-req GPA was probably somewhere around a 3.7, GRE was 152 quant, 150 verbal, 4.0-4.5ish for writing (not that UWM was taking them), I had something like 60-80 shadowing hours. I worked as a RBT for 2-3 years after college which was really good client/patient clinical work experience and I did a year of AmeriCorps VISTA service serving adults with disabilities. I had 4 letters of rec (professor, my RBT supervisor, 2 AmeriCorps bosses). My application was definitely more "experience-heavy" as you can tell by my GPA and stuff lol but it really indicates to me that they look for well-rounded, motivated applicants! I think the combination of the upward trend in my grades, my majors, my research experience, my post-graduate experience, and definitely my essays are what got me in. Having a perfect GPA isn't everything!! Not sure if that helps in any way, but hope you hear some good news soon as well!!

Yes, I got an email. I don't really know my stats off the top of my head, but I can give you a rough outline haha. I was a Psychology and Mathematics double major and have undergraduate research and presentation experience. My cumulative undergrad GPA (+post-bacc courses) was around a 3.0, last 60 credits is much better, probably around 3.5 at least, pre-req GPA was probably somewhere around a 3.7, GRE was 152 quant, 150 verbal, 4.0-4.5ish for writing (not that UWM was taking them), I had something like 60-80 shadowing hours. I worked as a RBT for 2-3 years after college which was really good client/patient clinical work experience and I did a year of AmeriCorps VISTA service serving adults with disabilities. I had 4 letters of rec (professor, my RBT supervisor, 2 AmeriCorps bosses). My application was definitely more "experience-heavy" as you can tell by my GPA and stuff lol but it really indicates to me that they look for well-rounded, motivated applicants! I think the combination of the upward trend in my grades, my majors, my research experience, my post-graduate experience, and definitely my essays are what got me in. Having a perfect GPA isn't everything!! Not sure if that helps in any way, but hope you hear some good news soon as well!!
Thank you so much and congrats! I was waitlisted at Madison and am waiting to hear back from Milwaukee. I don't have a terrible gpa 3.6 overall. worked at united cerebral palsy as a facilitator. shadowed around 30 hours. I am a rehab pysch major. worked with elementary and high school students through a couple of internships for my program. that would be over 250 hours. hard to know what more they are wanting.

Thank you so much and congrats! I was waitlisted at Madison and am waiting to hear back from Milwaukee. I don't have a terrible gpa 3.6 overall. worked at united cerebral palsy as a facilitator. shadowed around 30 hours. I am a rehab pysch major. worked with elementary and high school students through a couple of internships for my program. that would be over 250 hours. hard to know what more they are wanting.
Yeah, it's so hard to know! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Was your email from the program director? Thank you!
Yes, although it wasn't personalized other than having my name. I'm honestly not sure who among them deals with admissions.

Omg reading this thread today is giving me a good laugh

Reactions: 1 users
Hahaha partially but it's also April Fool's :p

"Easter" = A.F., the first of April lolllll

w.a.i.t.l.i.s.t being "purgatory" and a.d.m.i.s.s.i.o.n.s being "demons" is cracking me up hahaha

If anyone is still waiting on Madison, I was accepted off of their waitlist yesterday (4/06)!

If anyone is still waiting on Madison, I was accepted off of their waitlist yesterday (4/06)!
I also got off the waitlist at Madison yesterday!

Not sure if anyone is still interested, but I have officially officially chosen to go to UW-Milwaukee and turned down my acceptance to UW-Madison. Another spot in the cohort should be opening up, so good luck to anyone still on the waitlist hoping for an acceptance!

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure if anyone is still interested, but I have officially officially chosen to go to UW-Milwaukee and turned down my acceptance to UW-Madison. Another spot in the cohort should be opening up, so good luck to anyone still on the waitlist hoping for an acceptance!
Welcome to UW-Milwaukee! You’ll love it

• Love