UToledo College of Medicine Class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DKLA

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am very excited to return to school and get my MD. I'm sure many of my future classmates are too!

I thought that I would start this thread to get some of my questions answered about what to do now that I'm accepted. Financial aid? Housing? Roommates?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

Just wanted to say hello as well. I just got my financial aid award, about what I expected, but any scholarships come from a different office at a different time.

I'm also wondering what to do about housing.

Anyway, I am excited to get started.

James

I sent in my FAFSA already... but I haven't heard anything about my financial package. How long did it take for you to get yours?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,
I'm moving to Toledo from California and am looking for a roommate for a 2 bedroom 2 bath at Fox Chase (I heard it's a nice, safe community and pre-furnished).
I'm male, like to keep communal spaces clean, and am a light sleeper (so quiet later in the night in important to me). I'm also not a big fan of pets, unless they're in a tank... I love turtles.
PM me if anyone is interested in having a roommate.

Hey everyone,
I am currently an MSBS-MS student at UTCOM who is completing my masters project and have been accepted into the class in the fall. For some of you who are new to the toledo area, I would recommend living further away from campus only because I have not heard great things about the apartments near campus; not that they aren't safe but sometimes they can get loud and so forth. I personally live in Maumee right now in a place called the Chesterfield Apartments. Right now I live with my cousin who works at the air force base up here about half a month. I pay about 430 in rent alone, but since I've been recently accepted into this fall class for UTCOM I am think about moving somewhere else and am potentially looking for a roommate to help cut down my costs to about 300 in rent.

If you are interested in looking for an apartment and a roommate let me know. I am extremely easy going and social, I keep my living space very clean (But I'm not anally neat or anything), and I am extremely organized when it comes to class work and study habits. Also, I do not know how you feel about pets, but I have two pets. One is a dog (mix of beagle/pug/terrier) who is 1 year old and only about 15 pounds. My other pet is an albino corn snake that is about 8 years old and lives in his 35 galloon tank. I occasionally take him out but this is mostly for feeding and the occasional handling to keep him social. Lastly, if you live with me you probably will not need to get any furniture. I have two couches, a glass coffee table, a kitchen table with 4 dinning room chairs, a TV stand with a 42" plasma TV, all the glasses, silverware, plates, and cookware you would need (I cook a lot it's the italian in me). Other than that you would probably need to bring a bed and whatever else for your room and anything else you wanted.

Although this is a possibility it is not for sure that I will be moving out. My roommate just got up last night so I will be talking to him today and will be able to let you know very shortly if I will be moving out. I am also keeping my options open for other roommates because I know a good amount of people here so I suggest you do the same as well when you start hearing of people becoming accepted. Also, if anyone is interested in getting a roommate I can also ask some of the other MSBS-MSers who are attending in the fall if they are looking.

You can PM me if you have any questions or anything

I look forward to seeing you all in the fall!

Hey everyone, and congratulations! I look forward to meeting all of you in the Fall.

Dan