Program-Specific Info / Q's UTMB 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTjourney

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Has anyone heard anything from UTMB yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not yet! They said the first full week of February. When did you interview?

Not yet! They said the first full week of February. When did you interview?
Ohh, okay, that gives me a little more hope now. But this wait is torturous...

I interviewed on January 13th!

Ohh, okay, that gives me a little more hope now. But this wait is torturous...

I interviewed on January 13th!

I know! I interviewed on the 20th and I was really hoping to hear last week. I am so nervous! How did you feel about the interview?
The girls that I talked to that are currently in the program said a lot of the people that got invited for an interview declined it.

I know! I interviewed on the 20th and I was really hoping to hear last week. I am so nervous! How did you feel about the interview?
The girls that I talked to that are currently in the program said a lot of the people that got invited for an interview declined it.
I felt very confident during the group interview, but super nervous during the individual interview... so we'll see how that goes.

But that's interesting to know. I think one of the students said their class size is about 60ish. And I remember the e-mail Sharon sent back in December said they were interviewing about 120 students. So if those numbers are correct, it seems like we might have a really good chance!

I felt very confident during the group interview, but super nervous during the individual interview... so we'll see how that goes.

But that's interesting to know. I think one of the students said their class size is about 60ish. And I remember the e-mail Sharon sent back in December said they were interviewing about 120 students. So if those numbers are correct, it seems like we might have a really good chance!
I felt the same way!!! The group interview was super easy and I felt great about it.
The email I got said that there were 141 interviewing but the current students said they only had about 90 schedule an interview and they would be taking 60! So odds are really good!!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if there is a Facebook page for the incoming class?

Would anyone happen to know if UTMB requires that we purchase a new laptop through their program (regardless of whether or not we already own one)? I've heard some schools do that. I definitely am looking to replace my Macbook soon, but I don't want to be stuck with having to buy yet another computer.

Does anyone who interviewed at UTMB have any advice for the interview? I'm going this Friday. UTMB is definitely my top choice, and I want to make sure I'm prepared!