USyd DMD waitlist 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Energetic11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email saying that I am waitlisted for USyd DMD. Does anyone know what are my chances of getting off the waitlist, or how much the waitlist moves compared to previous years? I am a Canadian and took the CDAT, with an AA of 22 (none of my scores were below 20). Thought my MMI went ok, but you never know what the admissions board thinks. Please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, i also received an email this morning but i applied for the MD program instead. My MCAT score is 507 and i am quite upset now. What are the chances of getting a second round offer? Can anyone give me some advice?

I also received the same email, and I know how you feel. The second round of offer depends on the number of applicant who will not pay the deposit by the deadline. I am not sure how long they give them to pay the deposit though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the waiting list email today for MD program too. I got a 508 MCAT and average interview performance. For second round offer, I think we will just receive offers if those in first round does not accept the offer for reasons.

Did you guys/gals get a reject e-mail today after getting that waitlist e-mail?

Did you guys/gals get a reject e-mail today after getting that waitlist e-mail?
I could be wrong, but I don't think they send rejection emails until the class is filled (for those who got the interview).

I could be wrong, but I don't think they send rejection emails until the class is filled (for those who got the interview).

Hmm, seems a few people did on another forum I lurk including myself. I wonder why. Pretty decent MCAT score and I felt the interview went well enough. I'm not a bad interviewer either considering my acceptances elsewhere (Flinders/UWA/Deakins).

Hmm, seems a few people did on another forum I lurk including myself. I wonder why. Pretty decent MCAT score and I felt the interview went well enough. I'm not a bad interviewer either considering my acceptances elsewhere (Flinders/UWA/Deakins).

Among the applicants who got interview at Usyd, is there anyone who got rejected?

Hello, I am also a canadian applicant Who got waitlisted for Usyd DMD. I have been advised by my agency Oztrekk that the chances of getting a second round offer will be quite low. Here is the quote from Oztrekk in the e-mail I have received.

"Any further Sydney DMD offers would be issued in response to declined offers or early withdrawals from the program, anytime between now and December. In past intakes, typically 90%+ of students who have received Sydney DMD offers have ended up accepting them, and last year there were only two DMD offers which were issued after the main round of offers in September. So please keep in mind that the chances of more than a few further offers being issued are quite low."