USUHS Clinical Psychology 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Setting my sights for the next cycle... any one have any tips for strong packages? I got a late start to building mine and I've done all of my BS online so very limited research prospects and not much professor rapport. I'm also active duty, and I feel like I read about having no more than 10 years active service while applying. I couldn't find it again so I may have read a different program, but I was considering hoping to guard to try and get more research opportunities and save some of that service time. Best of luck to all of ya'll in the future.
Honestly, I recommend you reach out for feedback from the advisors whom share your research interest. Do your due diligence to research your advisors in advance, so you do not ask them any questions where the information is already accessible to you.

Once you get that feedback, it should be helpful for writing your SOP and tailoring your application as needed. It may also help you identify some stuff you are missing that could make you more competitive.

Try to build rapport with a professor because you want at least one of your letters of rec to be from a legitimate academic source.

Take my tidbits for what it’s worth. I have yet to crack the code to get in, haha. Just do your best and help others along the way!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I spoke with someone from the graduate education office yesterday and they mentioned that they are still receiving application documents from the extension and had no idea that interview invites had already gone out. Granted, I don’t think the two are necessarily related as the psych program most likely sends out the invites, but I have never received one so I cannot confirm. Either way, like everyone has mentioned already, it sounds like all the invites have gone out.

This was my last shot at it as I am 36 yrs old and will hit 17 years active duty in March, so my timetable has expired haha. I start getting into all the waivers and pushing 30 years after all is said and done…plus, I am already running up on 6 years in the Washington D.C. area, so I am hot for a new assignment. In the meantime, I will finish my grad degree in clinical mental health counseling and pursue that into retirement from the Air Force.

I want to encourage the rest of you to keep trying! Once you get official notification, reach out for feedback from the advisor you selected and work on strengthening your package. We desperately need dedicated people who care about the warfighters and have the passion to serve them!

I am praying for everyone and your future endeavors!
Good luck to you! I’m sure you will do great things.

I spoke with someone from the graduate education office yesterday and they mentioned that they are still receiving application documents from the extension and had no idea that interview invites had already gone out. Granted, I don’t think the two are necessarily related as the psych program most likely sends out the invites, but I have never received one so I cannot confirm. Either way, like everyone has mentioned already, it sounds like all the invites have gone out.

This was my last shot at it as I am 36 yrs old and will hit 17 years active duty in March, so my timetable has expired haha. I start getting into all the waivers and pushing 30 years after all is said and done…plus, I am already running up on 6 years in the Washington D.C. area, so I am hot for a new assignment. In the meantime, I will finish my grad degree in clinical mental health counseling and pursue that into retirement from the Air Force.

Hey I'm in the DC area too! Good luck to you as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wanted to let the group know that I received an interview invite by email yesterday. I know of one other Active Air Force person that also received the letter yesterday. This was my last shot at this program, so I am hopeful for a positive outcome. It took me 6 years and three tries to even get an invite, so I am counting this invite as a big win. Don't give up folks!

Reactions: 5 users
I wanted to let the group know that I received an interview invite by email yesterday. I know of one other Active Air Force person that also received the letter yesterday. This was my last shot at this program, so I am hopeful for a positive outcome. It took me 6 years and three tries to even get an invite, so I am counting this invite as a big win. Don't give up folks!
Good luck to you! Hope you get this!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Go gettem Tiger! I am proud of you and very excited for you! Be bold and courageous as you become the “spark” that ignites the change the Air Force needs!

Praying for you!

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭1:3-4‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all, has anyone heard anything since the interviews? I thought they were supposed to say something this week

Hi all, has anyone heard anything since the interviews? I thought they were supposed to say something this week
You probably know by now but acceptances were sent out the week following the interviews. There is also a wait list.

I have by BA and MS in Psychology. My specializations are in child and adolescent development and applied behavior analysis. I continued to work with the ABA department as a remote research assistant after I graduated. I was an Air Force spouse and I have wanted to join the military since my husband got out. I decided to join the Army National Guard as a 42A to get more exposure and experience with soldiers from all disciplines as it is my goal to work with soldiers and their families.
Hi, I’m currently a 42 also. Do you mind sharing your resume? I plan to apply this fall

Hello! I just recently found out about this program and am considering applying this upcoming December. I was wondering if any other AD people would minding sharing what they included in their applications? Thank you!