Usn -nevada Class Of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anna05

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I’ve got the phone call from Dr. DeYoung on March 28 & got the acceptance package 5 days after that. I will be at Henderson campus. I just want to know more about the accreditation of the school since it will expand to another location in Utah. I want to know more about their program, the 90% passing policy, 3 chances of retaking the fail tests & in summer or will be dropped out of the school. Is it too risky to go to this school? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

anna05 said:
Hi everybody,
I’ve got the phone call from Dr. DeYoung on March 28 & got the acceptance package 5 days after that. I will be at Henderson campus. I just want to know more about the accreditation of the school since it will expand to another location in Utah. I want to know more about their program, the 90% passing policy, 3 chances of retaking the fail tests & in summer or will be dropped out of the school. Is it too risky to go to this school? :confused:

USN is accredited by the ACPE. I am not sure what you mean about the school being risky as I am sure that all schools have some sort of passing standard. Three chances sounds fair to me. :)

anna05 said:
Hi everybody,

When you say 3 chances, how is that system works?
I would like to know more about the academic system as well.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Test on Friday 2 hours by yourself. Immediately after take the same test with your group (only your group, no one else, and no notes). If you group gets 95% you get an extra 5% on your test, so then you only need an 85%. Say your team doesn't do well (which is rare) you need 90%. If you don't pass, you come back on Monday and take a new test over the same general material. NO team points or team test. 90% to pass. If you still don't pass, you come back in the summer for a certain amount of time and a third test.

About the accrediation of the school, I read this via http://www.usn.edu/html/licensure.html

"The University of Southern Nevada has been granted Candidate for Accreditation status by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Candidacy is not accreditation nor does it ensure eventual accreditation. Candidate for Accreditation is a status of affiliation with the Commission which indicates that the institution has achieved initial recognition and is progressing toward accreditation."

anna05 said:
Hi everybody,
how are you?
congrats!
i am applying to usn and got interview on mar 15th.
i am still waiting their response.
i am so nervous now!
could you tell me when you got interview?

Jin7979,

I interviewed on Feb 18 and receive a call from Dr De Young himself on March 24.

anna05 said:
About the accrediation of the school, I read this via http://www.usn.edu/html/licensure.html

"The University of Southern Nevada has been granted Candidate for Accreditation status by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Candidacy is not accreditation nor does it ensure eventual accreditation. Candidate for Accreditation is a status of affiliation with the Commission which indicates that the institution has achieved initial recognition and is progressing toward accreditation."

This is for obtaining federal loans. USN may get the accreditation this year, but it looks good for next year. :)