USN class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else who interviewed last week get accepted yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a call on Tuesday... interviewed in Henderson last Tues.

Anyone looking for housing in Henderson LMK!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still anxious about getting a call :scared:...Well, I guess I'll know tomorrow lol. When did he call you? In the morning, afternoon, evening? Does he do it all day or something?

I had my interview on 2/16 in the Henderson, NV as well.
Dr. DeYoung called me today to inform me that I got accepted.
I believe he called around noon.

Good luck to you all!

Good luck to you all!

That's awesome! Congrats! I guess that means he doesn't just call on Tuesdays like I thought. I also did some data mining on last year's USN threads and found a few people who didn't get accepted until about two months after their interview! So, I guess we can all just relax and wait.

Good luck to you all!

Congrats...Are you going to NV or UT?

Good news, USN got their accreditation extended for another 6 more years, which is the best!

Congrats...Are you going to NV or UT?

I am going to NV.
Don't worry. It seems that plenty of seats are still available in both campuses. You'll hear from Dr. DeYoung soon too. :D

Good luck!! :xf:

I am going to NV.
Don't worry. It seems that plenty of seats are still available in both campuses. You'll hear from Dr. DeYoung soon too. :D

Hey geekyRX,

Congrats on being accepted! Did you hear from Dr. DeYoung or others you interviewed with about how many seats are left? Why do you get the feeling there are plenty left? I am still hoping to even get an interview :(.

Thanks!!

I am going to NV.

Sounds good...Thanx for the reassurance...Waiting sucks. :xf::xf::xf:

I was in the library and had to sprint outside to take the call when i saw the 702 area code haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey geekyRX,

Congrats on being accepted! Did you hear from Dr. DeYoung or others you interviewed with about how many seats are left? Why do you get the feeling there are plenty left? I am still hoping to even get an interview :(.

Thanks!!

THX. ;)
On my interview day, during the orientation, Dr. DeYoung mentioned that about ½ of the seats are reserved. Also, one of the current students told me that the majority of students are accepted after the interview process is over. Hope this helps. Good luck! :xf:

Hey what's up guys! Congrats to those accepted! I also had an interview on 2/16 at the Henderson campus, but did not recieve any call. I felt confident about my interview, so I don't understand what went wrong. Does the PCAT score play a significance in the total scoring process? I didn't do to well on the August PCAT, so Im wondering if this is the factor. I did take the January exam though and hoping for an improvement. O well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Good luck Jew Unit and Circle slash! I hope we'll get a call soon. :xf:

Hey what's up guys! Congrats to those accepted! I also had an interview on 2/16 at the Henderson campus, but did not recieve any call. I felt confident about my interview, so I don't understand what went wrong. Does the PCAT score play a significance in the total scoring process? I didn't do to well on the August PCAT, so Im wondering if this is the factor. I did take the January exam though and hoping for an improvement. O well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Good luck Jew Unit and Circle slash! I hope we'll get a call soon. :xf:

Have you finished all your prereqs for USN yet? I did pretty well at the interview too, but remember that those who already finished their prereqs get more points too. I still need to complete speech, calculus and the last part of Ochem, so I lost points for that. I don't think the PCAT counts towards the total score. Look at the brochure that they gave us. Go to the "Interview Selection Score." It just says that the PCAT is required but does not mention anything about it being part of the score. I'm sure it will serve as some sort of tie breaker though. Who knows...I could be wrong. But yea, I hope we'll get a call soon too. I've been looking at houses in Henderson. Hopefully I get accepted so I can take advantage of the cheap real estate over there! Cali is so expensive!!! :xf::xf::xf:

does anyone have information on when the last interview month/date is for USN?

Have you finished all your prereqs for USN yet? I did pretty well at the interview too, but remember that those who already finished their prereqs get more points too. I still need to complete speech, calculus and the last part of Ochem, so I lost points for that. I don't think the PCAT counts towards the total score. Look at the brochure that they gave us. Go to the "Interview Selection Score." It just says that the PCAT is required but does not mention anything about it being part of the score. I'm sure it will serve as some sort of tie breaker though. Who knows...I could be wrong. But yea, I hope we'll get a call soon too. I've been looking at houses in Henderson. Hopefully I get accepted so I can take advantage of the cheap real estate over there! Cali is so expensive!!! :xf::xf::xf:

I'm currently taking anat and physio this semester. These are the last two prereqs I need. You're from Cali too? Same here, it's just so expensive to live here. I'm ready to leave Cali! :)

I got in too!!!!!!!! I was interviewed last Thursday @ utah campus. I chose UT. Dr. Deyoung called me tuesday @ 3:30 MT.:laugh::soexcited:

Last edited:
I'm currently taking anat and physio this semester. These are the last two prereqs I need. You're from Cali too? Same here, it's just so expensive to live here. I'm ready to leave Cali! :)

Yes, I'm so tired of Cali. High taxes, and more ******ed regulations are about to be passed as if we didn't already have enough.

Hey hiii ...i also had my interview on 2/16 at the henderson campus...but i am still waiting for the call..hey who took ur interview i mean which professor?
and wat r ur stats...do u have pharmacy background..?

Good luck to you all!

I just got my PCAT score today. Hope I get an interview invite soon!! Congrats too everyone who's been accepted & good luck! ;)

Anybody have interviews today? Anybody get any call backs?

I heard that last week the P1 students had to take 3 exams and were required to get 90% for all of them. I thought it was suppose to be 1 exam every two weeks? Can any P1 student verify this? I'm a bit concerned now.:eek:

Last edited:
I heard that last week the P1 students had to take 3 exams and were required to get 90% for all of them. I thought it was suppose to be 1 exam every two week? Can any P1 student verify this? I'm a bit concerned now.:eek:

Oh my gosh are you serious? This is insane! How can they do that to P1 students??

I heard that last week the P1 students had to take 3 exams and were required to get 90% for all of them. I thought it was suppose to be 1 exam every two weeks? Can any P1 student verify this? I'm a bit concerned now.:eek:

It is a modified block curriculum. The blocks are where you have a test every other Friday. However they also have longitudinal courses during the P1 and P2 years. So you can potentially have more than one test in a given week. P1 year you have Communications/OTC meds and Calculations throughout the year and P2 year you have Top 200, Scientific Writing and Integration of Pharmacy Practice throughout the year. Look here for more details: http://www.usn.edu/pharmacy/curriculum/ , http://www.usn.edu/current-students/ (look under the link "USN Student Catalog").

It is a modified block curriculum. The blocks are where you have a test every other Friday. However they also have longitudinal courses during the P1 and P2 years. So you can potentially have more than one test in a given week. P1 year you have Communications/OTC meds and Calculations throughout the year and P2 year you have Top 200, Scientific Writing and Integration of Pharmacy Practice throughout the year. Look here for more details: http://www.usn.edu/pharmacy/curriculum/ , http://www.usn.edu/current-students/ (look under the link "USN Student Catalog").

Thanks for verifying that. Sounds pretty intense. How did you manage to juggle multiple exams in one week in an accelerated program?

My brother (P1 at USN) actually had to take 3 tests a couple of weeks ago and he said that one of them you needed to get a 90 to get a 3 day weeks. The second one he took is pharmaceutical calculations (basically you have 5 of them a year and you need to get at least a 90% combined) and the third one I don't know how that one worked.

Yes there were three exams in one week but that is not a normal situation. Occasionally we'll have two exams in one week because we will have either a Communications or Calculations test in the same week as our normal every other Friday exam. This last week, they decided to split a very large Comm exam into two smaller exams so we had one of those along with a Calculations and regular exam. They did it to save us much stress later in the year and it wasn't so bad. People were stressed but nobody dropped dead of a heart attack. It is amazing how many people manage to rise to the challenge when its necessary.

I wrote a post about why not to go to USN from an actual student and not a faculty member pretendeing to be a student so go check it out. Also, P1 students have 2 test in the same week on 8 seperate occasions and P2s have test every Friday with papers and assignments thrown in. Everything is a 90% pass. It is not as easy as the orientation makes you think it is!!!!!

Sounds like Mr. Blah with a different username to me. Either that or someone didn't pass their exams. But that's just me speculating. LOL!

I am not Mr. Blah whoever that is. If you don't believe me then go to USN and find out for yourself. Just don't whine and complain about it because you knew exactly what you are getting into. Also, I pass my test every time so don't say I hate USN because of that. I hate USN because of the political BS that comes out of that school.

I am not Mr. Blah whoever that is. If you don't believe me then go to USN and find out for yourself. Just don't whine and complain about it because you knew exactly what you are getting into. Also, I pass my test every time so don't say I hate USN because of that. I hate USN because of the political BS that comes out of that school.
I read your other thread. You seem to have some of the same complaints as Blah. I would bet once you let the emotions settle and some time pass that you'll feel less strongly about your stance than how you appear here. One thing I do agree with you on is that USN could do a better job looking into ways to create a happier alumni. I will though tell you that any school you attend will have "political" issues you will have to deal with. Best wishes!

I have been pissed at USN since the day I have walked in the door and will probably tell people of my horrible pharmacy school experience for the rest of my life. You are living in a dream world my friend if you actually think USN is a good school. The only reason USN is still in business is because of the quality of the student and not the quality of the school. News flash, if there are multiple complaints about USN on this board it is probably not from one student using multiple names but from multiple students. There are 400 really pissed off people at that school now.

I went to another schools interview and they are also a 3 year program with a 90% passing rate but according to the faculties and deans introduction, people often pass with the group assessment if they did not pass individually. een the students tell me they gained a lot of help with their group members and passed.
But at USN, the student tour guide and another ambassador said they have to stay back durign summer to repeat the exams because they did not pass with the group assessment.
This is giving me a bad vibe because something tells me that the exams are super hard or that students arn't getting the hlep they need.

I went to another schools interview and they are also a 3 year program with a 90% passing rate
You must be talking about Pacific in Oregon:)

On a final note, USN is not for sale.
:) My intention wasn't to sound like a Touro takeover of USN is on the horizon but rather part of my reason in stating that was that I believe any plans to expand their main USN campus in Henderson (NV) are going to be difficult as Touro is there already with a DO, PA and other programs, UNLV has a dental school and UNR has a MD program. I believe though that in Utah they'll be more successful with expansion. I know at the Utah campus they are also encountering resistance in expanding but since there is no dental school and only one med school in Utah I believe they'll have more sucess here.

LOL! You make it seem like all 140 graduates are gonna stay in Nevada once they're done. :rolleyes:
Sorry you got that impression. True, some Nevada USNers will return to their home state to practice but it is also true that USN is receiving a lot less California applicants now that they require the PCAT for admissions. Another truth is the fact that Touro adding a pharmacy school would likely not be good for USN or for pharmacy. There are too many pharmacy schools opening up across the nation...but that is a story for many other threads:)

Trust me when I say this..... I am curently a student at USN....Around 20 p1s have been kicked out of the program. An extra year is worth not having to deal with the stress and BS of USN. And where "25% of people go on to residency" came from is beyond me. Maybe 15 people from the class of 2009 got residencies. 15/140 is 10%
I too am a current student at USN so I guess they can trust me too:)

It has been addressed before in the USN Class of 2013 thread but I'll mention it again - it appears the current P1 class is struggling more than any other class in the history of USN. I'm sure there are many reasons for this so I'm not going to discount your complaints entirely.
My class will be graduating 77/82 students this June. Which is consistent with USN's historical graduation rate. Also, approximately 25/77 of my class is currently waiting match results for residency.
Lastly, please read things clearly and refrain from misquoting me or others.
And please consider seeing a psychiatrist...you may need some lorazepam.

You pass your tests every time but you say they give ridiculously hard tests that are near impossible to pass? Now maybe I'm crazy but if I were going to make a statement as bold as that one, I probably would at least have a few No Passes and maybe a summer or two behind me as supporting evidence. "Oh, it is impossibly hard but I pass every time," just doesn't carry the same weight.

So...how was everyone's interview yesterday? Hope you guys all had a good experience and did well! I now welcome you to the waiting game! hehehe. Good luck all!:xf::xf::xf:

I have been to USN's interview. everyone seems really nice and friendly to each other. the faculty members, dr. deyoung, is super nice.

I think I would have a great experience here and not run into problems that others are bashing the school about. Giving the school a bad rep is just mean. They're really nice people at the orientation!

I have been to USN's interview. everyone seems really nice and friendly to each other. the faculty members, dr. deyoung, is super nice.

I think I would have a great experience here and not run into problems that others are bashing the school about. Giving the school a bad rep is just mean. They're really nice people at the orientation!

Agreed!

I think that troll has lost all credibility. For ****s sake, it is like the thread that won't die. And why is he complaining HERE?

I think that troll has lost all credibility. For ****s sake, it is like the thread that won't die. And why is he complaining HERE?

He has nothing better to do? He should be studying if it's so damn hard...>_>

I absolutely loved my admissions experience at USN. I interviewed on the second and I even joked with the interviewers about my addiction to purses! I have no received a call back from them yet but I pray everyday I do because my boss Ginny at the Wal-Mart pharmacy is an alumni from the college and she loved her education she received here. Dr. Deyoung and the rest of the faculty have been so kind and helpful to me. Even with a basher of the school it won't ruin the great rep of outstanding education the college has to offer! Go USN and hopefully ill be a future student!!! :b

I truly hope that everyone that wants to go to USN is able to go so that you can see how screwed up that school is for yourself. I am only giving a warning that the school is not what it leads you to believe. I said the test are almost impossible. They are passable if you study all the time, as in when you wake up to when you go to bed. However, a record number of summers are going out for both classes. Those who think that I am an idiot and goes to USN will find out on test number one that the test are not easy. Furthermore, people need to learn the difference between applying for residency and getting a residency. When it comes to getting a residency, USN doesn't have great success or at least that is what I have been told. And everyone is right, I am too busy to waste my time on this board......peace out!!!!

PS Why would I take lorazepam.......that's anti-anxiety. I would have went with lithium or prozac if implying a mental disorder in your statement.

Last edited: