USN class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey jn03prk, that's awesome with the huge bump on the waitlist. Could you tell us how you manage to get do that? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I was in top 100 and now between 31-40. omg...i wish there is someone who can tell me exactly what my chance is lol
good luck everyone!:xf:

Wow!! Congrats :D...I bet you had a great spring semester.

I've moved up. Originally top 50 now about 1/2 that. here's hoping.

Members don't see this ad :)
My Spring grades will not be sent until June 14 !! So I have to wait for changes if any untill then. My spring classes are not prerequisites for the pharmacy and they are post Bach classes, anybody knows if that makes any difference in my ranking or not? I am getting A in both, so it will change my overall GPA!

So. For the people that got accepted...What are you guys are doing to prepare for the next semester?

So. For the people that got accepted...What are you guys are doing to prepare for the next semester?

Once my summer vacation starts I'm just going to relax til I rot...then read over some biochem.

You guys should invite Mr. Blah back to scare people off. That should get the wait list moving again.

You guys should invite Mr. Blah back to scare people off. That should get the wait list moving again.

lol we don't need that drama here...Plus isn't he done with P2 year? I think that will stop his complaining....Hopefully.

lol we don't need that drama here...Plus isn't he done with P2 year? I think that will stop his complaining....Hopefully.

I don't mind his complaining if it gets the wait list moving again. Then whoever is serious about USN will still be here. I got the same e-mail as you Jew Unit. Good Luck.

Last edited:
I don't mind his complaining if it gets the wait list moving again. Then whoever is serious about USN will still be here. I got the same e-mail as you Jew Unit. Good Luck.

lol...I can't stand it. Good luck...It's June. We still have time to get accepted if we are high in the waitlist...But I understand where your coming from;I want to get accepted this year as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, first of all, congrats to all the students who got accepted
It's been a while I haven't come to this thread and looked at this, 24 pages, wow
I am P1 student, and currently doing my Summer rotation right now. After reading a lots of complains from Mr. Blah and some students about USN, I think, hmm, why don't I give some positive feedback to our school

First of all, passing with 90% is not that HARD like people keep complaining and bashing about USN. Let me tell you, multiple questions are mostly directly from lecture notes, if you keep up with the lectures, then you are definitely fine.
I passed every single assessment on Friday, I joined several organizations, and I am an active member for medical Corp reserve, I slept 2 hours every day after class, studied until 11pm, facebooking, movies, music, bowling, party, you have time to do all of that stuff, Don't worry

And to me, this school is easier than my undergrad,
about the complains that professors do not care for their students, I RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE.
Some professors are very nice and willing to compromise and listen to the students. I am very surprised that some people who are in PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL but still act like they are little kids, need the school and professor to take care for them EVERYTHING. I AM VERY SURPRISED that every single lecture , SOME of students still ask these type of questions : WILL THIS Material BE ON THE EXAM, WILL THAT MATERIAL BE ON THE EXAM?
and I AM VERY Surprised that the professors are very patient and even answer to those kind of questions, COME ON, They are in professional school, ( not in 1st grade school or high school) they are future pharmacists who will be dealing with patient's health,
When I was in undergrad, my professors really hate those type of Qs : will this material be on the exam, and if you ask those types of Qs, trust me, they will give you the Dirty looks

IT all depends on an individual, how much you want to learn, how much you are willing to learn, and where do you want to be later on in life, and trust me, if you are slacking off, do not want to go beyond your comfortable zone, then you will pay..
Professors and the school only contribute 10 %, and the rest is you
If people complain about USN, then listen to other students from other schools: UCSF, USC,or UOP, students have to learn everything on their own,

Good luck, BE POSITIVE, If all of us can do it, then you can do it,

Thanks theraflu for the encouragement! I have a question for you or any other P1. How are the summer rotations set up? Do u do them in the state where ur campus is or in your home state? I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Thanks theraflu for the encouragement! I have a question for you or any other P1. How are the summer rotations set up? Do u do them in the state where ur campus is or in your home state? I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks
Hi Sugardarlin

I am doing my summer rotation in California right now, 10 minutes driving from my house,
If you decide to do summer rotation in Nevada, then the school will take care for you , will find the site for you, you don't have to worry anything, all you have to do is just sit back and relax
but if you want to go back to your home state, then you have to contact your home state preceptor, ( Rite Aid, CVS, Walmart, Kaiser..)
I contacted the district manager very early in February and when she assigned the store for me, I emailed Dr. Oesterman and the rest is behind the curtain ( school do the rest of application process)
Summer rotation is the time for you to actually apply your knowledge to practice, so take that as the learning opportunity, good luck

Hope that helps

Thanks theraflu, for the positive feedback! That's the whole purpose of having a forum like SDN, is to have successful people like you encourage others. The way I see it, having a negative attitude gets you halfway to failure. We need more input from students with positive experiences to undo the damage that "Mr Blah" and "oneangreystuden" did to this forum! (Yea, I'm calling out names AND pointing fingers...WHAT!?:mad:) So once again, thank you theraflu! :thumbup:

Hi Sugardarlin

I am doing my summer rotation in California right now, 10 minutes driving from my house,
If you decide to do summer rotation in Nevada, then the school will take care for you , will find the site for you, you don't have to worry anything, all you have to do is just sit back and relax
but if you want to go back to your home state, then you have to contact your home state preceptor, ( Rite Aid, CVS, Walmart, Kaiser..)
I contacted the district manager very early in February and when she assigned the store for me, I emailed Dr. Oesterman and the rest is behind the curtain ( school do the rest of application process)
Summer rotation is the time for you to actually apply your knowledge to practice, so take that as the learning opportunity, good luck

Hope that helps

Yep that helps a lot. Thanks

Hi all!! Got accepted to USN and start in the Fall. Is anybody looking for a roommate or have found an apartment that is minutes from school that is decent?

Also, I am looking for my Vietnamese buddy Quinn from CA that I met at the Feb interview. Wondering if you got in or where you decided to go. Love to grab a beer with you, brother, during orientation...

Hi all!! Got accepted to USN and start in the Fall. Is anybody looking for a roommate or have found an apartment that is minutes from school that is decent?

Also, I am looking for my Vietnamese buddy Quinn from CA that I met at the Feb interview. Wondering if you got in or where you decided to go. Love to grab a beer with you, brother, during orientation...

Alan from MI right? What's going on bro! Congrats! Nice to see another fellow business major get accepted! I'll pm you.

Hey everyone.I just found these forums haha, im a little slow on this I guess.Well I interviewed and was accepted at USN back in February. I'll be attending the Utah campus.Great to here from some current students and her some positives (im just taking the bad posts with a grain of salt, i mean, this is the internet cmon).Good luck to those still on the waiting list! Hope your able to get in.

Have any waitlisters hear back yet? This is kind of getting depressing lol

I just found out about this forum! I am on the wait list and still have heard nothing! It is so putting a damper on the summer waiting for a phone to ring but hopefully it will sooner than later!

I just found out about this forum! I am on the wait list and still have heard nothing! It is so putting a damper on the summer waiting for a phone to ring but hopefully it will sooner than later!

Welcome to the forum!!! What is your rank?

Nothing yet!! It's a tough time, but hang in there!:xf:

Good luck. I know it's been two weeks since our updated ranks, but man it sucks lol...Oh well I guess there's still hope...What rank are you now (compared to before)? What are your stats? When did you interview?

How long does the wait list go? Can it be August before you hear one way or the other?

I am curious as I plan on applying next cycle (fingers crossed I make a decent enough showing on the PCAT this Sat).

I am ranked 40. Thats just for the Utah campus. Most everyone seems to be pulling for Nevada.

Good luck...I'm on the waitlist for both locations. I really don't care where which campus I get accepted at...Did Dr. DeYoung tell you specifically that your ranked 40 or did he right that your in the Top 40?

Good luck. I know it's been two weeks since our updated ranks, but man it sucks lol...Oh well I guess there's still hope...What rank are you now (compared to before)? What are your stats? When did you interview?

I'm in the top 10 (was 25). Interviewed all the way back in January.

Good luck to all of you still on the wait list. Hopefully you here some good news soon.Hopefully you here soon, there is a ton of stuff to get ready and submitted before school starts. Getting current vaccinations, financial aid stuff...There is just alot of paper work, but its definitely worth it.

How long does the wait list go? Can it be August before you hear one way or the other?

I am curious as I plan on applying next cycle (fingers crossed I make a decent enough showing on the PCAT this Sat).

If I remember right The waitlist goes until about the first week of August from what they said at the interview, i could be remembering wrong though.

I'm in the top 10 (was 25). Interviewed all the way back in January.

Damn...Your getting if for sure....:D

If I remember right The waitlist goes until about the first week of August from what they said at the interview, i could be remembering wrong though.

According to the e-mail I got from Dr. DeYoung (on June 1st)...If a seat's available by the August 27 (orientation day), then he'll e-mail the person...I think the date your referring to is the last date for people to defer their seats (August 2nd I believe but call to find out for sure)

Well there you go. Sorry but I'm not giving up my seat, im already invested 1 grand in it! haha.

USN students,
I am a student at USN as well and
I am renting my whole basement. My house is 3 mins away from South Jordan campus. call AR ASAP at 801-688-0937.

Anybody pulled out from the wait list yet?!!! Everything for me is : UP IN THE AIR !! :)

Nope still nothing. But I'm not expecting a phone call over night....I doubt 20+ people are going to drop or defer at the same time lol

can someone clarify how hard the 3 year program is? i need to know before i settle becuse I don't know if i will be able to handle a 90% passing score and also do an accelerated thing. I have mostly B's at a UC. Do they just say its 90% passing but the exam is really easy or is it really hard? becuase I've heard many people say different things. some are like omg ists so hard you have to get so and so right out of only a few questions if you get one wrong you're screwed etc. other people say its passable. if you went to a UC and got a 3.0ish please let me know how you're doing at USN.

can someone clarify how hard the 3 year program is? i need to know before i settle becuse I don't know if i will be able to handle a 90% passing score and also do an accelerated thing. I have mostly B's at a UC. Do they just say its 90% passing but the exam is really easy or is it really hard? becuase I've heard many people say different things. some are like omg ists so hard you have to get so and so right out of only a few questions if you get one wrong you're screwed etc. other people say its passable. if you went to a UC and got a 3.0ish please let me know how you're doing at USN.

I thought that it was harder at the UC than it is at USN though it has been many years since I was there so my memories might not be that reliable. At the UC, I had to reproduce the answers in short answer essays or work out problems of some sort. At USN, I only have to recognize the correct answer (with the exception of pharmacy calculations exams where you do have to work out problems). That makes it much easier. You can get the correct answer just by knowing that it is that drug that starts with an F or ends with tecan. If you are used to studying enough to be prepared to write a short essay about a topic then the multiple test format seems like a step down in terms of difficulty. Now if you went to a school where the exams were typically in the multiple choice format then USN will probably seem a lot harder. There is much more material along with the pressure to get a 90%.