USN acceptance letter... anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dacthuy said:
Thanks for the advice. For sure I understand what i need to do & end things properly in time. It's just because we have to take some carefull consideration before we make up our mind; and i think this is one of the biggest decision in life to decide to move to a new place to study & to live in order to achieve our goal. Therefore i should knock all the doors to ask for help.

don't let anyone pressure you to make your decision, esp. those waiting for spots. They will get the spot when it when it becomes available, take your time to make the right decision.

Members don't see this ad.

mustangrolla said:
I also haven't heard from them for interviews although one of the admission staff said interviews will be held throughout April. I'm just not gonna hope to hear from them at this point. :(

I heard this from someone as well, but if they are sending letters of rejection, acceptances and waitlisted in the next 3 weeks, then it sounds like USN has finished interviewing this year.... :confused:

Is anyone going to the South Jordan campus? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I'm in !! ... Yoo hoo !!

woo...hoo... Dr. Deyoung just called me today around 5:30 . I finally got accepted......I've been so sad and stressed out for the last two months that I thought I was about to have a nervous breakdown. For those who are still waiting, Dr. Deyoung told me that there are still plenty of available seats at the Henderson campus. So keep your hopes up! It will happen soon.

Khuyen said:
Hi everyone,

I'm in !! ... Yoo hoo !!
Congratulations! Khuyen

I'm so happy for you...and for me too :laugh: We did it!!!!!! We both got in.

I got the call today too!

Hi Carolyn.... Finally, isn't it? I was thinking yesterday: it was exactly 2 months... As bad as I felt this week (after the call on Monday), now it's great. The sun finally came out :)

I am so happy for all of you new USNers that got the call today! The waiting game is over! :clap: Great feeling isn't it? :)

Congratulation to Khuyen & all of us.
Wish to see all of you in Aug.
Have a happy Easter
:love: :love: :love:

Smilescali said:
I am so happy for all of you new USNers that got the call today! The waiting game is over! :clap: Great feeling isn't it? :)
Thanks, Smilescali. It's the greatest feeling ever. I never thought I could be this happy. See you in August. :laugh:

Smilescali said:

Thanks Smilescali :) It hasn't sunk in for me yet. I think my family is happier than I am. It still doesn't feel real... probably not until I have to come up with $1000 for the deposit :) j/k But now we can set up playdates for our kids.... Are you going to Henderson campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
cn2009 said:
woo...hoo... Dr. Deyoung just called me today around 5:30 . I finally got accepted......I've been so sad and stressed out for the last two months that I thought I was about to have a nervous breakdown. For those who are still waiting, Dr. Deyoung told me that there are still plenty of available seats at the Henderson campus. So keep your hopes up! It will happen soon.

Congratulations to all of you. My interview with USN didn't go well at all. So I don't really expect a call from Dr. Deyoung :( ....

cn2009 said:

Congratulations to all of you. My interview with USN didn't go well at all. So I don't really expect a call from Dr. Deyoung :(

tigerth00 said:
Congratulations to all of you. My interview with USN didn't go well at all. So I don't really expect a call from Dr. Deyoung :(
You know what....I didn't think my interview went that well....but I did get accepted.....you never know so just hang in there, it will happen.

Congrats to those of you who recently got admitted into USN!!! :thumbup: I am still waitin to hear back from them... :scared:

For those who is interested: a classmate of mine told me last night that the school she went to for her pharm tech in Long Beach is opening a pharmacy school there in a few years. They are in the process of applying for permission to open a pharmacy school.... FYI :)

Long Beach! A day full of classes followed by surfing 'till sunset...Wouldn't mind that one bit...:D

Khuyen said:
For those who is interested: a classmate of mine told me last night that the school she went to for her pharm tech in Long Beach is opening a pharmacy school there in a few years. They are in the process of applying for permission to open a pharmacy school.... FYI :)

Dang.

Way too many pharmacy schools in California. Gonna be a comp sci saturation soon. *sigh*

Hi everyone.

I got my interviewed March 15, and got my rejected letter yesterday April 24 :(. The thing is.. i was a business major and then tried to become pharm. Im 21 years old. Finished all my prereqs besides ochem II and microbio (taking it as we speak). My GPA is around 3.7 without a bachelor. What do you guys think I should do to better my chances for next year? Does anyone have any advices at all? Im a little disappointed and depressed about the whole situation. What was worst... was that I opened the letter approx 30 mins before my ochem exam :scared: Yea... chances are I didnt do so good on it. Anyways... congrats to everyone who made it in!

...Also, I finished all my lower division classes for business major... but its not really what I want to do anymore. Would it better my chances at pharm school if I got a BA or BS though?

nikkai said:
Dang.

Way too many pharmacy schools in California. Gonna be a comp sci saturation soon. *sigh*

*sigh* .... I really hope it won't be like a comp sci saturation in that I just got out of there.... There are already 4 pharm schools (USC, UCSD, Western and Lomalinda) in S. CA

When the majority of the decisions are made at USN (in May), does Dr. DeYoung continue to call the accepted students or they are informed through regular mail ? :scared:

Thanks in advance for responding.

cw_ek9 said:
Hi everyone.

I got my interviewed March 15, and got my rejected letter yesterday April 24 :(. The thing is.. i was a business major and then tried to become pharm. Im 21 years old. Finished all my prereqs besides ochem II and microbio (taking it as we speak). My GPA is around 3.7 without a bachelor. What do you guys think I should do to better my chances for next year? Does anyone have any advices at all? Im a little disappointed and depressed about the whole situation. What was worst... was that I opened the letter approx 30 mins before my ochem exam :scared: Yea... chances are I didnt do so good on it. Anyways... congrats to everyone who made it in!

...Also, I finished all my lower division classes for business major... but its not really what I want to do anymore. Would it better my chances at pharm school if I got a BA or BS though?
I am sorry to hear about your situation, especially right before an organic test. :(

Your GPA is strong and if you do well this semester in your organic and microbiology classes, then your GPA will improve a bit and you will have all of your pre-reqs completed (USN looks favorably on this).

How did your interview go? Since you did receive an interview this year I would think that your academics are acceptable for USN. Try to focus and think about what you said and how you carried yourself that day. Did you answer the questions clearly and completely? Interviews can be tricky especially if you are having an "off" day.

Yes, the completion of an undergrad degree always is beneficial when applying to pharmacy school. How long do you have until you can complete your degree?

Hope this helps a bit. I have a few friends that would love to attend USN that didn't even receive interviews this year. Their plan is to improve their GPA and reapply next year.

" If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again." ~Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker :)

ItsAboutTime said:
When the majority of the decisions are made at USN (in May), does Dr. DeYoung continue to call the accepted students or they are informed through regular mail ? :scared:

Thanks in advance for responding.

I think that Dr. DeYoung personally calls everyone with their acceptance. I remember some people saying that he calls very single person! :)

imkim01 said:
*sigh* .... I really hope it won't be like a comp sci saturation in that I just got out of there.... There are already 4 pharm schools (USC, UCSD, Western and Lomalinda) in S. CA

Even though Long Beach is in LA county maybe the people from the OC are feeling left out? :confused:

After I interviewed with USN. I basically glued my cell phone to my hand to make sure I dont miss any call.. After he called, I spend roughly 2 days trying to get the crazy glue off my hand.. hehehe. If I have to reapply again, I would focus on answering the question during the interview.

If rejected letter has already sent out, does it mean that there would be no more acceptance?

Please help me out...I don't know which lender to choose :confused:

hotties said:
Please help me out...I don't know which lender to choose :confused:

I know what you mean, I just received the financial aid info today and I have not had a chance to really research it. I plan to just visit the websites that were given on the various lenders and go from there. :thumbup:

HI, MY FELLOW FUTURE USN CLASSMATES! I'M RELATIVELY NEW TO SDN. AFTER READING YOUR POSTS, I REALLY LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING ALL OF YOU IN THE FALL! :)

I HAVE ONE QUESTION ABOUT THE FINANCIAL AID/ENROLLMENT PACKET I JUST RECEIVED. WAS THERE A 2006/2007 CATALOG INCLUDED WITH THAT? BECAUSE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE AGREEMENT THAT WE HAVE TO SIGN, IT SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT ACKNOWLEDGING RECEIPT OF THIS CATALOG... :confused:

manx12 said:
HI, MY FELLOW FUTURE USN CLASSMATES! I'M RELATIVELY NEW TO SDN. AFTER READING YOUR POSTS, I REALLY LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING ALL OF YOU IN THE FALL! :)

I HAVE ONE QUESTION ABOUT THE FINANCIAL AID/ENROLLMENT PACKET I JUST RECEIVED. WAS THERE A 2006/2007 CATALOG INCLUDED WITH THAT? BECAUSE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE AGREEMENT THAT WE HAVE TO SIGN, IT SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT ACKNOWLEDGING RECEIPT OF THIS CATALOG... :confused:

I don't get that catalog tho, but you can try this link. I think all the useful info. is here on that website already. I am kinda sad they don't offer any goverment loan program this year... We gotta suffer :thumbdown:
http://server3.zeedesigns.com/cms/res/files/141/CATALOG USN 42106.pdf

manx12 said:

they will give you the catalog after you start school. they just have you sign anyways and give it to you later.

So has anyone figured out which lender they are going to use??

I know I want to be able to take out more than just the cost of tuition to also pay for living expenses, etc....so if anyone has any idea which one would be the best, or if any current USN students could provide any info on which lender they are using and which one they think would be the best choice, I would appreciate the help!!

Also, just wondering if anyone was planning on working at all while going to school?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help!

arbangchan said:
Hey just got an acceptance offer call today from deyoung at 5pm (blocked), he said that there are still 30 seats pending. I think what that means that those 30 students who got accepted but haven't paid their deposit yet. If Any of those 30 didn't pay their deposit by the deadline then he will start replacing them from the waitlist.

How many days do you get to pay the deposit (or decline the offer) ?

I got an email from Dr DeYoung that at this stage I am waitlisted (Top 40). He also wrote that all class positions have been filled and that there are still many admission offers pending.

-- :)

arbangchan said:
Hey just got an acceptance offer call today from deyoung at 5pm (blocked), he said that there are still 30 seats pending. I think what that means that those 30 students who got accepted but haven't paid their deposit yet. If Any of those 30 didn't pay their deposit by the deadline then he will start replacing them from the waitlist.

arbangchan said:

Congrats, future classmate!!! :D

Pharm1919 said:
Also, just wondering if anyone was planning on working at all while going to school?
QUOTE]

My employer already wants to know when I will be relocating to Nevada, and whether I could help out their branch out there (it's about 20min from USN).... Not sure if we would have time for work with school and all....

gsinccom said:
I will be applying next year. Is their any advantage of getting your application in early or is the Jan 12th deadline fine either way?
thanks.

also, do you have labs as part of the curriculum or is it just lectures
http://www.usn.edu/html/curriculum.phtml?

You should apply as soon as possible. I sent in my complete application two weeks after it became avalible and I recieved my interview the second week of feb. The sooner the better because then you will gat an interview sooner. I got a phone call from Dr. DeYoung in May for acceptance. Good luck in your applications!

ItsAboutTime said:
How many days do you get to pay the deposit (or decline the offer) ?

I got an email from Dr DeYoung that at this stage I am waitlisted (Top 40). He also wrote that all class positions have been filled and that there are still many admission offers pending.

3wks

I just called Nelnet Loan whose I have my undergrad loans with. They said the interest rate (for me) would be 5.3%

I also called Student Loan Xpress. LIBOR stands for London Inter Bank Offer Rate which currently is 4.82% This rate changes every 3 months throughout the lifetime of your loan. Adding the margin rate to it: you're looking at 7.37% to 8.77% depending on your credit history. Be ware that there is no cap on the LIBOR rate.

Anyone else has info on lenders, please share :)

Khuyen said:
I just called Nelnet Loan whose I have my undergrad loans with. They said the interest rate (for me) would be 5.3%

I also called Student Loan Xpress. LIBOR stands for London Inter Bank Offer Rate which currently is 4.82% This rate changes every 3 months throughout the lifetime of your loan. Adding the margin rate to it: you're looking at 7.37% to 8.77% depending on your credit history. Be ware that there is no cap on the LIBOR rate.

Anyone else has info on lenders, please share :)
How did you get 5.3% on Nelnet? I have a credit score over 800 and they told me that my rate is just over 7%. My rate for Student Loan express is 7.37% We are still deciding if we should use a private loan or not. :confused:

Last night, i just found out that my RATE with NELNET is 10.5% (without a cosigner). I've never made a loan before. It is the biggest loan that I've ever made, and the rate is so high. (I expected the rate of 7.5% before)
I wonder that how low the rate will be if we have a cosigner? Pls anybody have known better lender?

Hey guys,
I'm in the process of loans also. I've heard everytime you apply for a loan to see if you qualify or not it hurts your credit history. How true is this?
#2) Does anyone know of any scholarships we can apply to?
Thanks!

Mike2006 said:
Hey guys,
I'm in the process of loans also. I've heard everytime you apply for a loan to see if you qualify or not it hurts your credit history. How true is this?
#2) Does anyone know of any scholarships we can apply to?
Thanks!

Hi Mike,

I was worried about too many credit inquiries as well. I just called each lender and narrowed it down to 2 lenders that would give me the best rate and applied to those 2.

Call USN regarding the scholarships. I read from another post of yours that you are hoping to get a scholarship due to your very high GPA (congrats to you for that :) ) The only thing is that it seems that almost everyone that I interviewed with in January had a 4.0 (or very close to that). Its a common place thing at USN..... ;)

I got an acceptance call from Dr. DeYoung! He called me about 4 weeks ago saying that I was on the waitlist (top 5 I think it was) and then said that I was guarenteed a spot at the South Jordan campus. I stayed on the waitlist for Henderson and I got in! I was getting so stressed out about having to reapply this summer. Feels like a huge weight has been taken off my shoulders.

Anyone have tips on housing? Where are the best areas to live?

Also, once you are in pharmacy school, when do you apply to become a pharmacist intern?

Thanks. Look forward to meeting you guys in August!

mkice9 said:
I got an acceptance call from Dr. DeYoung! He called me about 4 weeks ago saying that I was on the waitlist (top 5 I think it was) and then said that I was guarenteed a spot at the South Jordan campus. I stayed on the waitlist for Henderson and I got in! I was getting so stressed out about having to reapply this summer. Feels like a huge weight has been taken off my shoulders.

Anyone have tips on housing? Where are the best areas to live?

Also, once you are in pharmacy school, when do you apply to become a pharmacist intern?

Thanks. Look forward to meeting you guys in August!

mkice9 , Congratulations. When did Dr. DeYoung call you ? Did you receive a letter/email about the waitlist or just the phone call ?

I am kinda in similar situation.I was informed that I was on waitlist top 20 couple of weeks back and according to Dr. DeYoung, my best chance for a spot is at South Jordan Campus.

Has anyone heard of any one getting accepted/going to South Jordan campus ? Are they waiting for South Jordan campus to get formally approved by ACPE (in June) before offering seats or they have been giving out acceptances for South Jordan? What if ACPE does not approve USN's extension into South Jordan, what will happen to students that have been acccepted ?

Anyone has any information on South Jordan campus ? Any information about it will be appreciated ?

Hey Smilescali

Have you got everything packed yet? It has been too hot for a drive to Vegas, but I know I need to do that soon and find housing....

Anyway, just checking in to see where you are at? You mentioned your parents/ or your in-laws might be moving with you too?

BTW, you need to clean out your mail box. It's too full and won't accept any more PMs. :)