USMLE/COMLEX USMLEWorld Step 2 - Raffle and Product Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
logo.jpg

Step 2 CK (Clinical Knowledge) Qbank

Our Step 2 CK Qbank subscription includes the following contents:

• Over 2000 high quality, unrepeated multiple choice questions
  • State-of-the-art, classic board-type questions created by real-life physicians
  • Detailed explanation and educational objective for each question with excellent illustrations and charts that are easy to read and interpret
  • Board simulated interface design with FRED V2.0 software features (highlight, strike-out, annotation, searchable lab values, calculator, mark/flag items etc)
  • Customization of practice tests (create subject-specific, system-specific or combination tests in timed, untimed and tutorial modes)
  • Suspend and resume a test at anytime at your convenience with 24 hr account web access
  • Compare performance scores with other USMLEWorld users, see which subjects you need to improve and view your cumulative performance outline
  • Consisting of sequence, media, drug-ad and abstract based questions
  • Mobile qbank companion app available for iOS and Android based devices
Detailed description and information regarding our Step 2 CK Qbank subscription can be reviewied from http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CK/step2ck_qbank.aspx page on our website.

Step 2 CK Qbank Subscription Rates

• 30-day Qbank membership: $119
  • 60-day Qbank membership: $159
  • 90-day Qbank membership: $199
  • 180-day Qbank membership: $299
  • 360-day Qbank membership: $399

Step 2 Self-Assessment Exam

Self-assessment exam subscription consists of:

• Four blocks of questions (44 questions per block) in timed mode
  • Completely different set of questions (not taken from Qbank) written based on most realistic exam content
  • Answers and detailed explanation for each question
  • Educational objective for each question
  • Board simulated interface design with FRED V2.0 software features (highlight, strike-out, annotation, searchable lab values, calculator, mark/flag items etc)
  • Score report with assessment score and approximate USMLE™ three digit score
  • Detailed analysis of relative strengths and weaknesses in different subjects and systems
  • Consisting of sequence and media questions
Detailed description and information regarding our Step 2 self-assessment exam subscription can be reviewied from http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CK/step2ck_exam.aspx page on our website.

Step 2 Self-Assessment Form Subscription Rates

• Self-Assessment Exam Form 1 (2-weeks): $30

Step 2 CS (Clinical Skills) material

Our Step 2 CS subscription includes the following contents:

• A complete guided tour of this practical examination
  • 70+ excellent clinical cases
  • Firsthand information about the exam that none of our competitors will provide
  • Detailed history taking and physical examination techniques with video
  • Medical terminology (abbreviations)
  • A complete list of important differential diagnosis given towards each clinical encounter
  • Ongoing updates to reflect latest CS pattern (interactive electronic notes taking, 3-4 differential diagnosis, etc.)
  • Key investigations to apply towards every patient and tips on how to close the encounter
  • Patient counseling issues
  • Detailed information about "how to respond to patient's challenging questions"
  • Tips for your exam date with FAQ
Detailed description and information regarding our Step 2 CS subscription can be reviewied from http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CS/step2cs_cs.aspx page on our website.

Step 2 CS Subscription Rates

• 30-day CS membership: $50
  • 45-day CS membership: $60
  • 60-day CS membership: $70

Discounted combination subscription packages

To review the combination prices visit http://www.usmleworld.com/purchase.aspx and click on the large Step 2 image. This consists of all currently available subscription options including combination packages.

FAQ

Q: When does a subscription start? Can it be purchased now but used later? What if I purchase a combination package consisting of multiple courses?
A: All subscriptions go into effect from the time they are activated and not the time of setup/purchase. It can be activated immediately or anytime thereafter. If your initial purchase consists of multiple courses (qbank, self-assessment exam, CCS, etc.), each of them can be activated individually and independently via your account on our website as preferred. This process of activating a subscription after purchase allows you flexibility of starting a subscription when you are truly ready to utilize it.

Q: Is there a guest account or trial option to test the product prior to purchase?
A: We do not offer guest/trial accounts to test our product(s). However, you can view a demo of our software from each of the product pages. You will need to have Adobe Flash installed on your system to view the demo.

Q: Is the software accessible via mobile device (Android or iOS powered phone/tablet, etc.)?
A: Access to Qbanks via certain mobile devices is provided as an additional feature, but it is not intended to be a replacement for computer access. We currently provide a Qbank Mobile app for select iOS based devices (iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch) and Android based devices (phones or tablets), which can be found in each of their respective app stores. In order for users to install and use the app, their mobile devices must meet our system requirements (outlined on http://www.usmleworld.com/system_requirements.aspx page). Not all products are available to access via mobile devices.

Our developers are aware of request for mobile access on other devices/platforms and are reviewing potential options and implementation scenarios however, an exact time frame (of if or when a solution will be available) is not currently known. Once an app is ready, it will be announced directly on our website.

Q: How often is the content added/updated?
A: All of our products have a finite set of questions/cases and we routinely review and update them based on new research, changes in diagnostic and patient management practices. We do not maintain alternate content for any of our products. Question containing older or non-relevant material are replaced with updated question content.
- Content for Step 1 does not change that often as it is based on core scientific principals
- Content for Step 2 is added and/or changed based on new diagnostic procedure and medical research (this occurs quite frequently)
- Content for Step 3 is also changed based on new protocols in patient management (not as frequently as Step 2)
- Content for our Self-assessment exams, Subject Review are changed only if the question/concept is obsolete

Q: Does USMLEWorld offer any discounts for new purchase?
A: Unfortunately, we do not offer discounts to individual subscribers for purchase of a new subscription. To inquire more about group discounts, please contact us (via http://www.usmleworld.com/contact_us.aspx page) with:
- Number of users in the group
- Desired subscription package(s) (from those outlined on http://www.usmleworld.com/purchase.aspx page)
- Contact telephone and available timings

Reference URL's
- View a non-interactive demo of qbank/self-assessment exam: http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CK/step2ck_demo.aspx
- Recent subscriber feedback qbank/self-assessment exam: http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CK/step2ck_testimonials.aspx
- View screenshots of our CS material: http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CS/step2cs_demo.aspx
- Recent subscriber feedback for 2 CS material: http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CS/step2cs_testimonials.aspx
- System requirements: http://www.usmleworld.com/system_requirements.aspx
- Answers to a majority of general/technical queries: http://www.usmleworld.com/help.aspx

Raffle Giveaway
We will be giving away one "Step 2 CK Qbank 60-day Membership" to two members. Winners for each raffle will be drawn by the forum administrator from among the members who meaningfully contribute to the thread (respond to other member questions, share their usage experience, etc.).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
USMLEWorld saved my life Step 1, I got a great score using this qBank. Everyone I have asked has said it is just as essential for Step 2. I am excited to see this thread!

The UWORLD question bank was essential for my step 1 preparation and for shelf exams. I will be using it for my focused preparation for the step cK as well.

Other question banks are often 2 easy and amount to nothing more than flashcards for basic information or are too focused on irrelevant details. For these reasons UWORLD is the undefeated heavy weight champ of question banks.

I wonder if step3 users find it as essential?

I was referred to uworld by a friend when i began my step 1 USMLE study. I think it's one of the greatest resources and you can't have a discussion about USMLE without mentioning "uworld." I wanted to know whether uworld is going to offer subject review courses for step 2 psych (as it does for biostats/epidemiology)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for taking the time to write your posts. It means a lot to us. It is feedback like yours that continues to motivate our team in providing excellent test preparation material for the USMLE exams.

@schmartdoc - Unfortunately, we do not offer any other subject reviews besides Biostatistics & Epidemiology. However, in the QBank software, you have the option to generate tests by main division and sub division. To see how tests are generated in the software, please see our Step 2 CK QBank demo at*http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CK/step2ck_demo.aspx*by clicking on the 'Qbank' button.

Will it be possible to divide subjects such as Peds and Surgery into their subspecialty divisions: for example, Surgery > GI or Pediatrics > Endocrinology?

I really enjoyed the Step 1 USMLE World QBank and appreciate the opportunity to enter the raffle.!!

I love UWorld! I used it for Step 1 and am using it for Shelf exams as well. Hands down the best Qbank out there. I was wondering if you would be adding any more Self-Assessments for Step 2?

Just wanted to jump on here and say that all I used for step 2 was the USMLEQbank and Step up to step 2 (to annotate into it). My score jumped 15 points with this system from the 250's to the 270s!

This Qbank is virtual gold!

@kaleerkalut, JJMrk: Our staff is aware of interested in additional self-assessment exam blocks. However, an exact time frame when additional exam will be available is not currently known. Once it is available, it will be announced directly on our website.

@futuredoc10: Individuals can select to have questions generated from a specific sub-specialty. Please review demo link for software from original post for visual guide.

used the step one qbank and it definitely helped clue me in to things that were important to know come test day. glad i purchased it and here i go again getting ready for round 2 of boards:scared:

I found USMLEWorld to be the best preparation I used for Step I. Many of the topics covered in questions were directly tested on the actual exam, several of them were very similar in wording, and the ones that weren't were framed and formatted in a manner similar to the actual exam. I felt that after doing QBank once through, and several of my missed questions a couple of times, I was ready for anything that could be thrown at me. And I was subsequently rewarded with a score that will let me apply to any residency program in the country.

UWorld is definitely going to be a major part of my Step II preparation.

USMLEWorld was very helpful during preparing for step 1 exam, I'm sure that preparing for step 2 with UW is going to be fun.

USMLE World and First Aid were my main study tools for Step 1 - my only regret is that I wasn't able to finish all of the World questions! Hoping to correct that for Step 2.

Has anyone used the World Step 2 QBanks for Shelf Exams? What did you think? Can anyone comment on how this compares to other Step 2 QBanks?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the Step 2 Qbank plan to update questions to include references to the most current Step 2 review books (eg Step up to Step 2). If so, which books and when will the updated references be available?

@JoshSt: The only references that we provide are to the clinical journal abstracts since most of the questions are written based on evidence-based medicine and clinical research and not based on a single USMLE review book. Further, our explanations are written by integrating information from multiple resources. Hence, we do not include reference to a particular test prep book/resource.

USMLEWorld is a one stop shop. I was able to access practice exams and practice questions on one site. The caliber of the questions helped prepare me well for Step 1. I went into the test knowing what to expect in terms of the layout (which was practically the exact same layout as the real deal), how to tackle the questions, and with the least amount of anxiety I've ever felt on an exam. The explanations to the questions taught me about what I got wrong and also allowed me to review other concepts to cement what I already know. I highly recommend this qBank. No one should take the boards without having gone through UWorld.

UW is still the gold standard for board prep, with Step 1 moreso than another. I've had a great experience with the qbanks, but I wanted to really point out that the self-assessments were scare accurate in my score prediction, much better than the NBMEs, which were all over the place. Really recommend them!

I did have a Q for the OP, the step 2ck underwent pattern and diffculty changes recently, longer stems, more noise in Qs, more step 1 like Qs from what Ive heard, has the Qbank been altered to meet these changes recently?

Uworld was a lifesaver for step 1. Hope their step 2 is equally good. Is there an option to purchase full length exams as there was with step 1?

Does the Step 2 Qbank plan to update questions to include references to the most current Step 2 review books (eg Step up to Step 2). If so, which books and when will the updated references be available?

There are no references (other than primary journals) in the USMLEWorld qbank. The only one that does this is USMLERx, which does not have the same quality of questions as Uworld.

You'll be familiar enough with SU2S2 by the time you get through 2300 questions, so it won't make any difference.

I used USMLEWORLD Step 2 qbank to study for shelf exams during clinical rotations and it really helped me crush my shelf exams. My question is how often are new questions added to the database as I'd like to know how useful it will be for me in my Step 2 studying (will take the exam 2 years after my last shelf).

I loved UWorld for Step 1.

How often do your questions change, and if they are updated during a given user's subscription, does that user get access to the new questions?

For Step 1 I didn't start doing uworld until too late. I dont plan on doing that again with step 2! I've been using each section as I go through the rotation and it's been very helpful.

I second that being able to split up the subspecialties would be nice, but not essential. The one I notice it most on is with Psych, where theres a lot of the behavioral stuff mixed in.

thanx for your great efforts . your Q bank is outstanding , simply the best :thumbup:

@laftrmed: Our material/content is up-to-date and reflective of the current announcements made on the official USMLE website. When new announcements are made to go into effect, our development team works on making the changes to meet the new test pattern/guidelines.

Although not implemented immediately, as it takes time for designing and testing, you will have immediate access to the latest material/content once the changes have been applied. You may refer to http://www.usmle.org/announcements/ to view the latest announcements.

@twoinone: We currently have one Step 2 Self Assessment Exam Form available. Please refer to our webpage http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CK/step2ck_exam.aspx for more details.

@scarletgirl777, @mvenus929: Please refer to our help page http://www.usmleworld.com/help.aspx under "How frequently is the course material updated/added?" section for details related to your concern.

@Caesar: Using the help page link above, please refer to "I want to reset/delete my Qbank test history (or) start all over again, is this possible?" section for details on resetting a subscription.

Last edited:
For me, this has been an invaluable resource for Step 1 and pretty darn helpful for 3rd year too. But my subscription will be running out before I have to take the Step 2 :(

Taking Step I in a month, and I will be starting my Step II prep immediately afterwards. I've been using UWorld exclusively for Step I to stick to a high-yield, and thorough prep. No Qbank, no USMLRx.

I've been reading the forums regarding Step II, and I will be following the plan which several others have mentioned, as follows using UWorld as the primary source of learning:

Focus on internal medicine questions as this is the bulk of Step II. Do the questions in timed, 46 question-blocks. As you get questions wrong, you will accumulate a block of 46 incorrect questions. Do that incorrect question block. Keep going through the questions until you are finished with this entire process and all your internal medicine questions are then marked as correct. REPEAT this entire process once more. After which time, start going through the other subjects but do these only once.

It seems those who have even scored lower on Step I are benefitting from this type of study in regards to Step II. Hope to do the same. Thanks for creating such a great resource for us. Much appreciated.

For Step 1 I didn't start doing uworld until too late. I dont plan on doing that again with step 2! I've been using each section as I go through the rotation and it's been very helpful.

I second that being able to split up the subspecialties would be nice, but not essential. The one I notice it most on is with Psych, where theres a lot of the behavioral stuff mixed in.
I did the same thing with my Step 1 studying...started questions a bit too late and really was scrambling at the end...don't recommend that to anyone.

I really like the interface and hope to keep USMLEWorld as part of my board prep through Step 2 CS/CK, Step 3 and during my intern year.
Thanks

USMLEWorld would like to thank SDN for inviting us to participate in Test Prep Week 2013 and everyone for their feedback, questions and general comments. Should you have any further question/concern, feel free to contact our staff directly from our website.

Status
Not open for further replies.