USMLE World new software

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GATORANALYST

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wanted to know if the new software the Uworld is offering is the same as the real exam for step 3. Anyone use it. when I tried to download the software it gave me a prompt for the "new" software vs. the "old"

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

just wanted to know if the new software the Uworld is offering is the same as the real exam for step 3. Anyone use it. when I tried to download the software it gave me a prompt for the "new" software vs. the "old"

thanks

Yes, it has the same look as the new FRED V2.0 interface.

thanks

There are 47 new interactive cases (the rest remain as just written text and how to approach patient care in predefined situations). It's shocking how exact they got down the images. It's identical to the USMLE CD and the exam itself. One minor thing: the clock itself doesn't move. But the rest is spot on.

One more nice feature they include: How whatever you ordered is broken down into three columns: Necessary to order, has no effect on scoring, and the third column showing that points would be taken off. That's under the tab called "Scoring". After the actual case, the second tab presents the logic of what you needed to do, written in paragraph form.

It's really nicely done and well worth the money, even if you only have time to do the interactive cases. I was very surprised and very impressed.

Best,

Nu