USMLE release on ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buttercup2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not sure whether to say yes/no to the following on ERAS:

Do you authorize the automatic retransmission of your USMLE transcript if Step results, which were not available at the time your request was processed, become available during the current ERAS cycle?

yes to automatically transmit previously unreleased USMLE Step results, as they become available to programs you designated in Programs. This option is IRREVOCABLE, affects ALL programs to which you assign USMLE transcripts, and transmission may occur BEFORE you receive notification of the results of the examination.

I am taking step 2 mid september....if I do well on the exam, will there be too much of a delay if I say no to this question and thus have to go back re-release the new score on eras? I want the programs to see the score and like it so they can interview me. But if do not do as well....I'd rather hold off on their seeing it.

Members don't see this ad.

Where is the question about releasing USMLE scores? I did see where you enter pass/fail but not the "release scores" question.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

This question is under documents/usmle transcript and after you click request usmle transcript. it is at the very bottom of the page after a bright red attention message indicating that your response cannot be changed. the fact that it is "irrevocable" is making me nervous....

what is the response that most of you have personally put down, if you do not mind my asking....

thanks and good luck.

I think the implication is pretty strong on that page on ERAS that you should choose NO, that is to not automatically release scores. Once you receive your scores, you can send them to programs individually. That's what I did.

Of course, I assume programs can see that you have taken and passed the exam, so they may wonder if you don't send them your scores.