USMLE/ERAS resend scores and applying to additional programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Californian888

Reaction score
Accidentally posted in a separate forum, not sure how to transfer threads.

Anyways, found out recently that I passed but did quite poorly on Step 2 CK. Step 1 was mid 220s. Mid tier US MD school, interested in anesthesia. No other red flags. Based on the majority consensus, I will not release my CK score right now, but maybe later, to be determined.

Question: If I apply to additional programs at this point, I know for sure that the "new programs" that I apply to will receive my score report with step 1 and step 2 ck on it. What about the programs that I applied to before September 15? Will those automatically receive an updated score report as well?

Does anyone have first hand experience of applying to new programs after CK scores and whether or not ERAS will automatically resend scores to all programs at that time? Not sure how to proceed at this point..

All advice welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

That I understand. My actual question is whether applying to additional programs counts as re-releasing scores.

It doesn't. Any new apps will include your old scores, but will not update prior apps. I was hoping to find something in the ERAS documentation that confirms this, but I can't. So I can't be 100% certain.

It doesn't. Any new apps will include your old scores, but will not update prior apps. I was hoping to find something in the ERAS documentation that confirms this, but I can't. So I can't be 100% certain.

Verified with ERAS technical support, and can now confirm from personal experience that is 100% true. New programs applied to have all of the scores up to that application date. Old programs previously applied to will not automatically get an updated score report.