Using Kaplan Audio Lectures for Step 1 - comments?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bobby_Digital

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Colleagues,

I'm beginning to feel iffy about the Kaplan Audio Lectures.
Please, this is not a knock at the fine organization that gives us Q-Bank, which I would be foolish not to use - but my particular concern is these audio lectures, specifically for Microbiology which I just started with.

The thing for me is this. The accompanying notes have a lot of information, that the audio lecturer skims over, and adds to. What ends up happening for the student, is that it appears to be a big mish-mash of bugs in a sense.

I totally agree with the poster in the "Qooo Banq Questionzz " thread saying his own Micro charts from school were more helpful. The memorization required for this course requires your visual memory from the facts learnt off your primary resource I feel. But what do I know, I have yet to write Step 1, and I want some non-Kaplan peoples' comments on how they felt about Kaplan Audio Lectures.

Personally, I want to just study my notes for Microbiology, along with First Aid and Q-Bank. (Respective Review books for other subjects)
What do you think? Is it just the Microbiology Section of Kaplans Audio Lecture that is proving frustrating, or do the rest also come across this way. +pissed+

Your constructive comments are most appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.