USC probation status?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luvOB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone have the latest scoop? or if anyone has interviewed there your thoughts on the program would be much appreciated. all the usc applicants that i've met on the trail do not want to stay at their home program which makes me a little concerned...is it malignant? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

anyone have the latest scoop? or if anyone has interviewed there your thoughts on the program would be much appreciated. all the usc applicants that i've met on the trail do not want to stay at their home program which makes me a little concerned...is it malignant? :confused:

The program has been on probation since i was applying as a 4th year medical student. 6 of us from my med school class (at USC) matched USC (out of 12 residents). our class is the last class of 12 the same 12 of us will be finishing the program in 2007. we all knew that the program was on probation when we applied, and we all knew that it didn't really mean anything. what you have to be worried about, when applying, is the chances of the program losing it's accreditation. our program (USC) has about a 0% chance of losing our accreditation. we will have a new residency director and a new program director by 2007. about the malignancy, you grow to like it and value it. however, it's not for everyone. it's not a "hand-holding" residency. you'll work hard, but you'll learn a lot and feel confident to do anything by your 4th year. please PM me if you have any questions because i don't regularly check this forum.