USC Housing Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
Removed
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is the list I have so far. Some of them might already been taken or just available during the summer but please call and find out.

There is a one bedroom/one bathroom available in a two bedroom/two bathroom master suit condo located in montery hills just ten mins. from the health science campus. Rent $660/month plus utilities. Available june 1st (welcome to move in after may 20th). Washer/dryer, swimming pool and jacuzzi available in the complex.
If interested please contact
Belinda
home # 323 222 0667

Thank you and have a great summer.

Looking for a non-smoking female roommate.

*Only 7 minutes from the school, and is now available.

*$550.00 rent (2 bedrooms & 1 bathroom) with 1/2 electricity bill; own telephone line.

*recreation center & swimming pool w/ jacuzzi in a condo; underground parking; bike storage; quite, safe, and clean neighborhood on Via Marisol.

*Please e-mail or call 323)854-3660 APAP!!!

1 Bedroom + private bathroom for rent in a 2 bedroom apartment. Located in Koreatown, contemporary building, controlled access, gated parking space included, livingroom furnished, bedroom unfurnished. Female only, someone who is reasonably clean and considerate. Available June 1st. Rent is $562.50/month + utilities. $500 deposit. Please call 213-453-2775.

One room is available for rent in a 4-bedroom condo in Monterey Park area. Lots of parkings, free washer/dryer, has own phone line or can share DSL internet. $350/month. Can negotiate monthly or yearly. Very understanding and nice landlord. The location is at the corner of Garfield and Hellman, closed to the 10 freeway, 10 mins max to the USC health science campus. Very safe and clean area. If interested please call KIKI LI (landlord) at 1-626-298-3243 ( cell) or 1-626-285-1669 (hm).
You can email or call me to know more about the place: 323-449-5510 (cell). Thanks.

2 rooms available right now for rent in 4-bedroom condo in Monterey Park- $600 includes utilities. Fully equipped with cable TV, internet, and free washer/dryer, easy parking. Clean, spacious, new, and fully furnished. Gated complex and located only 10 min. from HSC. Month-to-month lease o.k. Please reply back if interested!

Females only. I have a two-story apartment in Glendale. 2 bedrooms with 2 1/2 bath. Each bedroom has a bathroom inside it. Bedrooms are on the 2nd floor. It's furnished with nice furniture. It has a central A/C, heater. It had 2 gated parking spaces.
Very safe. Close to Glendale Galleria, movie theatres, restaurants, borders,...
It will be available in 2 weeks or less.
You can contact me at (818)943-7070.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hi bmbiology,

can you post the contact info for the second to last entry? i assume it's an email address...

thanks.

I recently graduated pharmacy school and I am looking for a roomate to share a three bedroom 2 & 1/2 bathroom house that will be ready by the first of August. The place is located 1.8 miles from our school, so it would be ideal for anyone doing a residency with the school. Male or female roomate... doesnt matter, non-smoker. You would have your very own garage space and your own bathroom. The room is a descent size and we would split all utilities. Rent would be $600 per month. If intersted or if you have any questions just email me. Thanks.
-Edgar Arevalo

p.s. if you wish to check the place out here is the address:

3658 city terrace drive
los angeles, ca 90063
edgar arevalo <[email protected]>

Members don't see this ad :)
bumpppppppppppppppppp

For all the students that are already attending usc, how did you go about finding off campus housing? Are there any areas in particular that you recommend? I want to live reasonably close (as to not have to sit forever in traffic) but in a safe neighborhood. I'm so not familiar with the so-cal area! ANy info would be greatly appreciated! THanks!

This is what I pmed another 2008'er:

a lot of people decide to live at Seaver because they do not have to drive; they basically just have to wake up 5 mins before classes and just walk downstairs. If that is important to you, then Seaver is a good choice. You do have a lot of opportunity to bond regardless if you live at Seaver or not. You will see your classmates for the next 3 years and there are penty of opportunities to get to know everyone. But this is really up to you. I remember during orientation week, I made an effort to meet as many people as possible. It ended up a good decision because now I know various people. I would suggest the same. It is like high school but much more fun for me hehe.

If you do not mind driving, you can live in alhambra, monterey park, monterey hill or pasadena (all 10-15 mins away from campus). Monterey hill and pasadena are more expensive. They are not like irvine but relatively safe and comfortable. When I was looking for an apt, my friend and I just drove around Alhambra looking for places that are available then we called them. We also looked in the newspaper and magazine but they were generally more expensive.

I am planning to set up another sdn-usc pharmacy social, come out and meet new people!

1 Bedroom + private bathroom for rent in a 2 bedroom apartment. Located in Koreatown, contemporary building, controlled access, gated parking space included, livingroom furnished, bedroom unfurnished. Female only, someone who is reasonably clean and considerate. Available June 1st. Rent is $562.50/month + utilities. $500 deposit. Please call 213-453-2775.

2 USC GRAD STDT LOOKING FOR A QUIET, STUDIOUS, AND CLEAN FEMALE ROOMMATE. ONE BEDROOM WITH SHARED BATHROOM. SPACIOUS KITCHEN AND LIVINGROOM. REFRIGERATOR AND KITCHEN TABLE AVAILABLE. SUPERMARKETS, RESTAURANTS, MOVIE THEATER CLOSE BY (WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE). ABOUT 10 - 15 MINUTES FROM USC HEALTH CAMPUS. RENT IS $300/PER MONTH (RENT MAY GO UP BY THE END OF THE LEASE). ROOM IS AVAILABLE AT THE END OF JUNE, BUT IF NEEDED EARLIER, WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT. PLEASE CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION. CALL AFTER 7:OOPM @ 626-281-1994 OR EMAIL ME AT [email protected] (NOT SURE WHEN USC ACCOUNT WILL EXPIRE).

Hello,

I'm a recent pharmacy graduate and will be staying here to do a residency. I am looking for a new female roommate. I live about 10 minutes from the USC Health Sciences Campus. It's in Monterey Park.

It's a town-home situated in a very quite and clean area. The price is very affordable for this proximity. Please give me a call or email for more details. Ideally, I'm looking for someone who can move in by the beginning of August.

Thank you.
Mai Nguyen
Pharm.D. 2004
H:626-570-9627
C:626-372-0419

Hi,

I got offer a bachelor at university reagent for $580/month. does any know about this apartment like the room size and also, do i need to pay for parking there? does the trans runs from this apartment to USC health science campus?

thank you for your help,
hnguyen

There is a tran that runs from USC main campus to USC health campus. However, its last pick up time is around 6 p.m. This might be problematic when you are studying late at night at the health campus library.

One unfurnished bedroom w/ large closet & private bath available immediately for rent in fully furnished 2 bedroom/ 2 bath unit shared with 2 female USC graduate students (pharmacy & education). washer/ dryer onsite, secured parking garage spot, balcony. Easy parking, close to freeways, markets, fast food restaurants, and restaurants.

Among the best apartment located on Ellendale Place, cross streets Vermont and Adams.
- 5 minute walking distance from USC main campus
- 10 min drive from downtown
- 10 min drive from USC Health Science Campus
- less than a mile from 10 & 110 freeway.

Monthly Rent (total $1700/month)
- room to self: $680 + utilities
- w/ roommate: $408 + utilities.

If interested, contact Jane for more details at (562) 305-9065 or [email protected]

Hello,

I have one bedroom availble in fully furnished 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment in Alhambra. It is located very close to many ammenities like Starbucks, Vons, restaurants, golf course. About 10-15 minutes from HSC campus. Looking for roomate to share with MS III.

------------

One Bedroom and one Complete bath in a 2 bedroom apartment in Alhambra. Great, quiet living area; 10 min drive from HSC campus. Available July 1st; Rent is $530 plus 1/2 utilities. Please contact John at 626-297-3055 or email [email protected]

Thanks,

John Xie

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I have one bedroom availble in fully furnished 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment in South Pasadena. Has nice large patio area and very close to many ammenities like Starbucks, Vons, Old town. About 10-15 minutes from HSC campus. Looking for roomate to share with MS IV.

Thanks,

Jason Wong

To anybody looking for housing,

I will be a first year pharmacy student this fall and my friend and I are looking for a third female roommate for a townhouse on Via Marisol. Here is more info on the place:

A 3 bedroom, 3-story townhouse (the ground floor is the garage) with kitchen, dining room, living room, fireplace, community pool+spa, small backyard. We need 1 FEMALE pharmacy or medical student for the very large master bedroom with own bathroom. It's on Via Marisol (10 mins away from school by surface streets), a very nice and quiet street. Rent is approximately 800/month for the big room, utilites not included. Room will be available the middle of August.

If anyone is interested or know of anyone interested, please contact me at [email protected] . Thank you!

-Christina Le

Recently remodeled fully furnished (except bedroom) 2 bedroom/2 bath Monterey Hills unit. Includes washer/dryer, secured parking garage spot, pool, spa, balcony, BBQ. Available beginning of July. Male preferred. Rent - $725 + half of utilities. Condo to be shared with 3rd year USC medical student. Contact Rohit for more details at (323) 252-4931 or [email protected]

Apartment is 10 min from downtown, old-town pasadena and about 5 minutes from LAC-USC hospital/campus.

I sent this PM a few minutes ago:

Yes 1400$ for 2 rooms is very reasonable especially in the monterey park and alhambra areas, even in the monterey hills and pasadena areas. There are apartments and condos everywhere! I would drive around those areas, look for apartments that are available and then call them. Colorado blvd in Pasadena, Valley blvd in Alhambra, Hellman ave in Monterey Park, Huntington Dr are just some of the big streets. I would suggest that you look at the map for other big streets. There are plenty of apartments near those big streets. I hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you want additional information.

While it is nice to live in an expensive apartment, it is not necessary. You have to realize that most of your time will be spent either in school, studying or working and don't forget the $31,000 a year tuition and fee!

Looking for female roommate to share a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apt with
a medical student in Alhambra, 10 min. from USC+LAC, rent is $460 + 1/2 util.
per month. Avail. July 1st. Contact Veronica at(626)299-7591

cristina valero <[email protected]>

Hi,

I am looking for a female roomate to share a 3 bedroom 2 bath apt in Alhambra. Only 10-15minutes for school. Safe and Quiet neighborhood located next to supermarkets and restaurant. Room is spacious and will be sharing bathroom with one other person.

Rent: $412 + 1/3 utility
Avail: July or August

Hello Everyone,

I have a furnished bedroom in a two bedroom townhouse in Glendale available starting now until mid August. I am looking for a female roommate. The townhouse is upstairs/downstairs in a nice quiet neighborhood and very close to markets, restaurants and freeways. There's a secured parking garage, washer and dryer, fridge, and is basically fully furnished. It takes 10-15 minutes to get to HSC. Let me know if you're interested.

Tiffany Harris
tiffany harris <[email protected]>

My friend has a room available. She's really easy going and it is a good place to study =). Email her if interested.

$450 Bedroom in a remodeled townhouse in San Gabriel
Seeking single female tenant

Partially furnished with a full sized bed and nightstand
Has windows, large closet, and huge living space
Living room and dining room are fully furnished and available to tenants
All utilities included
Laundry Facility, water filter system
Fridge, stove, microwave for use
Remodeled townhouse- new carpet and paint
Cable modem and TV available
Walking distance to Chinese supermarket and restaurants
15-20 min drive to USC
Current tenants are young professionals
$50 added to rent if you want to park in garage. Otherwise street parking.

Please email to [email protected] if interested.

Hi,
I have a room avaliable in Alhambra. It is actually the master room with a private bathroom. It is very spacious and the rent is going for $480/mo. The apartment is located 10-15 min from school and the address is 200 N. Electric Ave, Alhambra 91801. The move in date will be August. If anyone is interested please let me know!
-Shannon
shannon cho <[email protected]>

Hello,

I am looking for someone to share a 2bed/2bath apartment on Atlantic and Main in Alhambra. Rent is $595 plus 1/2 utils.

Details:

1000+ sqft apartment
~ 12ft X 13ft (your room)
Your own gated underground parking spot w/ gate remote
Central Air/Heat
Gated Complex
Just one block from one movie theatre, and 3 blocks away from another
6.4 miles / 10 minutes from the health science campus
Bedrooms are on opposite ends of a long apartment = plenty of privacy
Dish washer, fridge, oven, microwave, couch, and TV in apartment
I'll provide free wireless DSL if you wish

Available now

If you're interested, email me at [email protected]

Andy Wong
MSII

Im an entering pharmD student at USC looking for two additional (male or female) roommates to share a spacious condo on Via Arbolata in Monterey Hills. There are not too many units left in the area. The neighborhood is 7 minutes from campus by surface streets and full of pharm, med, and other health science students. rent should be around $600/month give or take.

email: [email protected]
tel: 714.292.6830

Hey! I know my question only refers to a minority (or maybe even nobody), but are there any future PharmD students who live in a house/townhouse/condo in the LA area or will be (which they or their parents own) and commute to the campus? I wanted to get more info on the following:

-good neighborhoods (safe, pretty, :p etc.)
-pricing (if you don't want to say thats ok)
-distance (anywhere that takes about than 20 min. to get to sc WITH traffic, on or off fwy - so basically a 5-10 mile radius)

I've lived in socal all my life so I know so. pasadena, alhambra, monterey park, etc are nearby but I want more specifics from the inside.

Thanks! (Just PM me!)

Tucked away on a quiet cul de sac street in the Chevy Chase area of Glendale, a traditional style home with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, living room with wood burning fireplace, French doors leading to an entertainer size lanai in the backyard and side yard, a formal dining room, hard wood floors throughout the entire home & French doors all around, there is also a driveway with a 2 car garage.

I am looking for a graduate student or professional share this wonderful house with me. You would have your own room and one full bath and a space for your car in the garage.

Rent is $1,000 a month (utilities included) and there is a $1,000 security deposit required.

6 month lease required, then monthly after.
Availability: You can move in on July 1st (I'm flexible with the move in date)

The entire house is furnished, with the exception of your room. I have a washer, dryer, dishwasher, stove, and TV available for you to use.

There is easy access to the 2fwy, 5fwy and 134 freeways.

About me: I'm a 33 year-old educator. I'm laid-back, honest, clean, responsible, respectful, NON-SMOKER, and DRUG-FREE. I am looking for a professional or graduate student who identifies the same. NO PETS.

Female preferred

I have pictures that I will be happy to provide if you email me. Reply for contact information

Last edited:
Bedroom/private bath in a Monterey Hills CondoRoom+bath available (for $775/month) in a 2 bdrm/2 bath Monterey Hills Condo (complex: Eaton Crest, 4499 Via Marisol). Great location, quiet neighborhood, good views. Current Resident is a male, working in finance, non-smoker. Male roommate is preferred.

You can wikipedia the city through this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monterey_Hills

Amenities
-Large Bdrm, private Bathroom , plenty of Closet Space
-Access to Large Patio
-Parking spot (tandem spot) in a gated garage

Apt Amenities
-Washer/Dryer (relatively new) in the apt

Complex Amenities
-Pool/Spa
-Convenient Location to USC Medical Center, Pasadena, Downtown LA (easy access to the 110 and 5 freeways)

Contact: Matt Moon at [email protected] (ph #: 213-393-9767); or Shreya Shah: [email protected]
-Available Aug 1st
-Rent: $775/month

I am moving out to live with my girl friend. This is a perfect place for anyone like privacy.

It is a Nupac apartment at 30th and Royal St. (Address: 3006 Royal St. LA, CA 90007). You have your own kitchen and Toilet, at a low price of $900 per month. I will give you $200 when you paid the first month to the Nupac company. It is the discount I personally give out to thank you so I can live with my girl friend! The price include water, electricity and trash.

You can keep all the furnitures. Including a Queen size bed set, two tables, and three chairs. This apartment is available any time from now, April 11, 2010 to July 15th. You can continue the lease with the Nupac company if you like it.

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or call me at 213-448-9810. I prefer to reach me through email first. Because I may not pick up your phone if I am at work.

Fight on!

Johnny

I'm moving out of my apartment in Los Feliz on April 30th, and it will be available to rent in early May. My landlady is incredibly nice, so I told her I'd try to help her find a new tenant. About the apartment:

This is a one-bedroom, stand-alone (basically it's a little house) apartment on a beautiful, quiet street right off of Los Feliz Blvd and Griffith Park Blvd. It has a large living room, very big kitchen with dining nook, a decent-sized bedroom, bathroom with shower and tub, and comes with a separate storage area complete with washer and dryer hook-ups, and a garage. Trader Joe's is about 5 blocks away, and Vermont Ave, with lots of restaurants, bars, and shops, is 1 mile away. Lots of med students live in the Los Feliz and Silverlake area because it's a fun, young part of LA with lots to do, and is still close to campus. The drive to HSC (the med school campus and the hospital) takes about 12 minutes.

Dogs are allowed (we have 2), and I'm guessing cats are too, but I'm not sure. Rent is $1450/mo. Send me a PM if you're interested in seeing pics or coming to walk through the apartment.

This charming and contemporary condo is perfectly situated in beautiful Monterey Hills only a stone's throw from Downtown Los Angeles, Old Town Pasadena, the USC Health Sciences campus (3.5 miles), and the Gold Line. No smoking. No pets. Available June 1st.

• 2 Bedrooms / 2 Baths / 1147 square feet
• Entrance opens to landscaped courtyard
• Updated, fully applianced kitchen (Refrigerator, Microwave, Stove, Dishwasher, Disposal) boasts granite countertops and custom cabinets
• Large dining room/living room with wood burning fireplace
• Large master bedroom has nice sized walk-in closet with custom closet system, updated bathroom with double sinks, large custom storage cabinets, and huge tub
• Nice sized second bedroom affords plenty of closet space
• Updated second bathroom
• Carpeted bedrooms and living room
• Laminate flooring in dining area and hallways
• Central air
• In-unit Washer/Dryer included
• Unit comes with 6 speaker theater sound system, receiver, CD player, HD TV, and DVD player
• Outdoor patio/balcony
• Water, trash, gardening included

Apartment Complex:
• 21 unit building with elevator
• Secure gated building entrance
• Quiet, conscientious neighbors
• Exterior professionally maintained and cleaned
• Gated garage parking, 2 tandem spots
• Guest parking
• Pool and Jacuzzi
• Tennis courts
• Private security