Program-Specific Info / Q's USA San Marcos MOT May 2019 start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

af5263

Reaction score
Hi! I just received an interview invitation for University of Saint Augustine's San Marcos location on October 23rd for the May 2019 start . I am wondering if anyone has any insight on what the interview day looks like here. Also if anyone has thoughts on their Occupational Therapy program in general. Anything is helpful! Thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

@af5263 Congratulations and good luck at the interview!
I interviewed last year at the San Marcos campus. The day went something like this:
PT & OT candidates check-in and each person has their photo taken
Everyone (PT & OT) sits in a large lecture room, they go over general information such as program highlights and financial aid and student loans
The group is split in half. One half will interview first and then campus tour, the other vice versa.
I interviewed with Dr. Erin Schweir, along with 3 others. We all took turns answering the same 5 predetermined questions.
Questions were fairly basic, things like why OT, why St Augustine, how do you handle stress, etc
I received my acceptance about 2 weeks after the interview.
Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
@af5263 Congratulations and good luck at the interview!
I interviewed last year at the San Marcos campus. The day went something like this:
PT & OT candidates check-in and each person has their photo taken
Everyone (PT & OT) sits in a large lecture room, they go over general information such as program highlights and financial aid and student loans
The group is split in half. One half will interview first and then campus tour, the other vice versa.
I interviewed with Dr. Erin Schweir, along with 3 others. We all took turns answering the same 5 predetermined questions.
Questions were fairly basic, things like why OT, why St Augustine, how do you handle stress, etc
I received my acceptance about 2 weeks after the interview.
Hope this helps!
Thank you! this was very helpful! Do you mind sharing your thoughts on the program so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
I ended up choosing a different program for location and cost.

From the interview day I felt really excited about the program as presented by the faculty, however, the 2nd yr PT student giving the campus tour seemed a little jaded and had a lot of honest criticism throughout. It definitely brought the mood down a bit.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I just received an interview invitation for University of Saint Augustine's San Marcos location on October 23rd for the May 2019 start . I am wondering if anyone has any insight on what the interview day looks like here. Also if anyone has thoughts on their Occupational Therapy program in general. Anything is helpful! Thanks !
Did you get accepted?

I received an email saying that my interview is November 27th for the San Marcos location for MOT! Did they ask similar questions to what Kat7575 said? Thanks!

Did you get accepted?

I received an email saying that my interview is November 27th for the San Marcos location for MOT! Did they ask similar questions to what Kat7575 said? Thanks!
Hi! Congrats on the Interview, that is a great sign. I got my acceptance about a week after my interview. The process was very laid back, I interviewed with 2 other girls and the questions were exactly what Kat7575 said. why OT, why st Augustine's, how do you handle stress, the difference between OT and PT, what is one struggle you think OT's face in the field today. There was also situational questions asked. One I remember was "what would you do if you were in a group project and one person was not doing their part, etc." Basically just want you to talk about the importance of communication and teamwork. The person I interviewed with made us all feel very comfortable and all of the staff was really kind. Just relax and you will do great! Good Luck! Let me know if you have any questions :)

Did you get accepted?

I'll be at the November 27th interview as well!! :)

Just got accepted to the Spring 2019 cohort! So excited to get started :D