US student seeking a cool+laid back senior electives down under'

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nuclearrabbit77

commercial sex worker
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
US student seeking a cool+laid back 1month senior elective in a party town in australia or new zealand.

things that come to mind are like:
dermatology, anatomy-based senior electives, or anything that'd let me escape the hospital and party!

also: which cities?

i went to sydney once for a week about 5 years ago and thought it was awesome. what are the main university hospitals in sydney? or in other major cities in australia and new zealand?

thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

nuclearrabbit77 said:
US student seeking a cool+laid back 1month senior elective in a party town in australia or new zealand.

dermatology, anatomy-based senior electives, or anything that'd let me escape the hospital and party!

i went to sydney once for a week about 5 years ago and thought it was awesome. what are the main university hospitals in sydney? or in other major cities in australia and new zealand?

thanks so much!

The Uni of Sydney students usually rotate at the Royal North Shore but there are several other sites available to them as well.

In Adelaide, Uni of Adelaide students work at the Royal Adelaide and Women and Children's while Flinders students are at the local VA and Flinders Uni Hospital.

To set up any rotation, you would have to contact the schools directly. Please be advised to do so WELL in advance...academia is not known for is proficiency and Aussie academia is even worse.

nuclearrabbit77 said:

thanks so much!

Contact the schools directly. Decent sized cities in New Zealand are Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington. Do what interests you, because consultants are very understanding about elective students not wanting to do anything. "The weather's good.... why don't you go to the beach?"

Auckland Medical School www.health.auckland.ac.nz
The clinical schools in Wellington and Christchurch are under the University of Otago. Do a google search.

Right now weather in Auckland is absolutely fantastic! Won't be for much longer.