US Student needs assistance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docbarry

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping that someone would be able to let me know about schools that willingly accept american students. Are there any schools that do not demand the gamsat or mcat and just accept based on gpa?

Members don't see this ad.

docbarry said:
I was hoping that someone would be able to let me know about schools that willingly accept american students. Are there any schools that do not demand the gamsat or mcat and just accept based on gpa?

Hi,

Many Australian schools here accept international students since they usually pay much more than locals and also because the nation is fairly cosmopolitan. I'm a first year international at University of Melbourne and there are heaps of internationals from Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc. A few North Americans too. I believe the application form (through ACER) requires an MCAT from US students though.

Is there a reason why you don't want to take the MCAT? It's not too bad of an exam compared to USMLEs later, etc. And of course, you'd need it for any med school in the US.

I think UWA doesn't require MCAT for its grad entry, you'd just need to check their website though.

All the grad entry schools take int'l students, none unwillingly ;)

docbarry said:

University of Glasgow has a page http://www.gla.ac.uk/faculties/medicine/admissions/USARequirements.html where they sat that they consider only GPA. I don't know if they accept American Students willingly though.