Position Wanted US Medical Graduate seeking FM or Prelim IM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chicago2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated in Fall 2012 from a terrible Medical School in the Midwest, and have now tried, unsuccessfully, in two matches to match into FM and had no luck either time in SOAP. My school has been completely unwilling to help me so I was hoping someone here may be able to help

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated in Fall 2012 from a terrible Medical School in the Midwest, and have now tried, unsuccessfully, in two matches to match into FM and had no luck either time in SOAP. My school has been completely unwilling to help me so I was hoping someone here may be able to help

Stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought most U.S. Graduates from MD & DO schools match?? Isn't the rate 95% because if you passed all your boards and classes and are eligible to graduate, why didn't you do a transitional year or research or get a MBA or MPH to be competitive for next year. I'm not sure if you can do audition rotations but something is not adding up for you whether that's a bad record, board failure or bad interview skills? Regardless, best of luck!!!