US BSN = to Pre Req's for PI MED schools??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kardiomegly

Combat RN
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a BSN from the States is equal to prereq's for PI MED Schools, specifically UERM??

I've e-mailed, called, and tried to have a 3rd party contact the School with out success.

ANY thoughts?? I was gonna take Organic over this semester (winter) at Wayne State University in Detroit, MI. But, out of pocket is $1300. Since it's about 12 years old. Don't know if it's too old.

I got my BSN in 2000 from Michigan State University and have been a travel ICU Nurse, goin into my 8th year.

I just wanna have someone evaluate my transcripts to let me know if I should retake some courses.

Does anyone know how old it too old for science courses?
Does anyone know of any US BSN's goin' in to MED School in the PI?
Should I just take the Organic over this semester? Wanted to take NMAT April 2008, but finals is at the end of the month...and really don't want to fly out for a couple day to the PI then back to Detroit to take finals.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if a BSN from the States is equal to prereq's for PI MED Schools, specifically UERM??

I've e-mailed, called, and tried to have a 3rd party contact the School with out success.

ANY thoughts?? I was gonna take Organic over this semester (winter) at Wayne State University in Detroit, MI. But, out of pocket is $1300. Since it's about 12 years old. Don't know if it's too old.

I got my BSN in 2000 from Michigan State University and have been a travel ICU Nurse, goin into my 8th year.

I just wanna have someone evaluate my transcripts to let me know if I should retake some courses.

Should I just take the Organic over this semester? Wanted to take NMAT April 2008, but finals is at the end of the month...and really don't want to fly out for a couple day to the PI then back to Detroit to take finals.

dont u guys earn a ton of money as RNs in the US? why would you wanna come here (PI) for med? MDs here take BSN and work as RNs in the US...btw UERM accepts any 4 year undergrad AB/BS degree...im a BSN as well :p

As far as I know the only prerequesite is a Bachelor's degree and NMAT (which you can take in the US).

Members don't see this ad :)
A nursing background will probably give you a better start in med school that the standard US style pre-med. Most filipino med school students are using nursing or med tech Bachelors as their pre-requisite.

So, 4 years later...I'm headed back home for Internship and bringing back lots of info, experience and thoughts about going to medical school in the Philippine...wanna know more?- lemme know happy to share!

So, 4 years later...I'm headed back home for Internship and bringing back lots of info, experience and thoughts about going to medical school in the Philippine...wanna know more?- lemme know happy to share!

wow congrats.. which school did you go to? Are you doing rotations now over here or already in residency?

Yea please share your mle step 1 and 2 experience and the match