Urology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HMSBeagle

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. MS4 here very confused and worried. I went into med school thinking of doing cardiology and I really love the field. However I rotated through urology and also loved it. I loved the OR and the clinic. I think (dont flame me for this) tha URO and Cards are similar in that they both have clinic 3 days a week and procedures the rest of the week. I really like both fields so I don't know what to do and think this decision will come down to lifestyle. How different is the lifestyle between these two during training and as an attending?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
you should do derm or optho or something chill since it seems you have a preoccupation with lifestyle. i'm not saying this to be an ass, but you haven't really given us a good sense of why you like these two fields and what you potentially would not like.

These are the same two that I'm interested in, actually.

I am attracted for similar reasons: good mix of procedures and clinic. Plus they both attract great personalities (from my experiences in Memphis, anyway). I'm interested to find out what you hear.