Urology Textbooks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drbuckeye

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what textbooks would be recommended for a new urology resident to buy prior to beginning urology. I know campbells is the bible, but what other books have people found helpful. What is the best quick reference books out there that people think are must reads? Thanks for the assistance

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering what textbooks would be recommended for a new urology resident to buy prior to beginning urology. I know campbells is the bible, but what other books have people found helpful. What is the best quick reference books out there that people think are must reads? Thanks for the assistance

dude you should check out urologymatch.com

personally i think you can't go wrong with campbell's
i also use hinman's atlas but some of my friends like glenn's
i carry around the house officer book to quick reference but i don't like it that much because it's to superfluous.. looking for a better book

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks dude i'll check it out.. where are u going for residency next year?

For student purposes, check out Lange General Urology. Campbell's is may be a little overboard at this level; but I guess if you have the money to buy and the time to read, go for it. Quick review I like Urology Secrets. Good luck.

thanks dude i'll check it out.. where are u going for residency next year?

Hey sponch -- I've applied but I'm waiting for Match Day here in Canada. The wait sucks because I've already submitted my rank list and I doubt it will change much if at all. Are you starting residency next year or are you already a resident?

for anyone thinking about buying Campbell's, you might want to hold off and see if you get a book allowance in residency.

Hey sponch -- I've applied but I'm waiting for Match Day here in Canada. The wait sucks because I've already submitted my rank list and I doubt it will change much if at all. Are you starting residency next year or are you already a resident?

for anyone thinking about buying Campbell's, you might want to hold off and see if you get a book allowance in residency.

i'm starting next year... did you not do the AUA match for urology? are u applying only for canadian programs? because we had our match a month ago.

yeah, I'm jealous that you guys have already had your match... the wait is killer. I applied within Canada only. Our Match Day isn't until the middle of March... which will be here soon but it still feels like a long way away!