Urology Match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ginz20

Ginz20
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
With the AUA having their match yesterday, I was wondering if someone could walk me through the match process. I realize that Urology is competitive for any applicant, but how difficult is it for an Osteopathic applicant to match?

Members don't see this ad.

its very tough for us.i started out gung ho about uro but now ive changed to general surgery.it can be done but you have to smoke all the boards, do some research, do an away elective at a place you want to go to and then maybe hopefully it can work out.There are so many MD students that want to go into the field that do not match, you can imagine how hard it is for us.there are many programs thatonly have one spot a year and most of them are not going to give it to us over them.this year i think 123 people went unmatched. go to urologymatch.com so see the match results or you can go to the AUA website.

Ginz20 said:
With the AUA having their match yesterday, I was wondering if someone could walk me through the match process. I realize that Urology is competitive for any applicant, but how difficult is it for an Osteopathic applicant to match?

Are their any spots open through the Osteopathic match? Looking on do-oline.org I saw that they listed residencies positions, but there were VERY few.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes there are osteopathic programs....yes there are very few....but allopathic can be done....

we had a NYCOM grad in 2004 match at Long Island Jewish (allopathic program).....as noted above, he had great boards, research, and made some good connections at the hosp....

there are very few osteopatic gu spots, i think all of them require a rotating internship year before starting, and from what I have heard, they work like a job interview, no match process. NYCOM grad this year matched at U Mass, DO's matching however is very very difficult, I met only 2 DO's on the interview trail this year