Uro Research Funding for Students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IHaveLab

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all-

Just looking for some wisdom re: where to find funding for a year of basic science (you could almost translational) research on the effects of diet on prostate cancer outcomes in a mouse model.

I've already found a great lab at my medical school, so any scholarships that require working at a specific location (like all of those intramural NIH scholarships) are out.

I'm planning to apply for a Howard Hughes and some internal scholarships offered by my school, but I'm struggling to find other opportunities. I've looked at the websites of the AUA and the NCI, but no dice...

Ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all-

Just looking for some wisdom re: where to find funding for a year of basic science (you could almost translational) research on the effects of diet on prostate cancer outcomes in a mouse model.

I've already found a great lab at my medical school, so any scholarships that require working at a specific location (like all of those intramural NIH scholarships) are out.

I'm planning to apply for a Howard Hughes and some internal scholarships offered by my school, but I'm struggling to find other opportunities. I've looked at the websites of the AUA and the NCI, but no dice...

Ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Try www.grants.gov, Bankhead-Coley, Prostate cancer foundation, etc. You will have to have some good collaborators to back you up and you obviously will not be the PI. Good luck!

I am a Research Coordinator in Urologic Surgery.