URM, 3.2 cgpa, 3.8 post-bacc gpa, 504 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuminatorMan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
[Deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Medical College Georgia
Mercer
Emory
Morehouse
Meharry
Howard
UCLA Drew
Charles Drew
Miami
NOVA MD
Tulane
TCU
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Indiana
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Pittsburgh
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Also apply broadly to DO schools and I suggest these:
PCOM (all schools)
ACOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
UIWSOM
LECOM (all schools)
MU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
TUNCOM
WCU-COM

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Medical College Georgia
Mercer
Emory
Morehouse
Meharry
Howard
UCLA Drew
Charles Drew
Miami
NOVA MD
Tulane
TCU
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Indiana
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Pittsburgh
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Also apply broadly to DO schools and I suggest these:
PCOM (all schools)
ACOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
UIWSOM
LECOM (all schools)
MU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
TUNCOM
WCU-COM
WOW Thank you for the quick response! Even for you to suggest some of these schools means a lot. I've been super nervous

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you part of any mentoring organizations for AA aspiring doctors? There are many of them that I hope you can connect with. Go find SNMA officers who can mentor you.

Are you part of any mentoring organizations for AA aspiring doctors? There are many of them that I hope you can connect with. Go find SNMA officers who can mentor you.
Yes! I'm fortunate to have a handful of AA mentors in medicine. I actually run a program for younger students-essentially telling them not to make the mistakes I made early on.

Just so I know, what made you ask me that question/urge that I connect with AA mentors? Is it just to ensure that I get the help I need to become a black male physician?

Yes! I'm fortunate to have a handful of AA mentors in medicine. I actually run a program for younger students-essentially telling them not to make the mistakes I made early on.

Just so I know, what made you ask me that question/urge that I connect with AA mentors? Is it just to ensure that I get the help I need to become a black male physician?
Just making sure. Strong mentoring is essential for UiMs, especially African American males.

Any comments regarding my red flags? Specifically how adcoms will view my retakes. If it wasn’t for those stains, I wouldn’t be worried but they’re there so I just want to hear thoughts. Thanks

Any comments regarding my red flags? Specifically how adcoms will view my retakes. If it wasn’t for those stains, I wouldn’t be worried but they’re there so I just want to hear thoughts. Thanks
Those are not red flags .A red flag would be a conviction for DUI or institutional action for cheating.

450+ hours of non-clinical volunteering.
I need a breakdown here.

1) what club is this? Bringing younger children to universities as part of mentoring, but it would fall into that bucket with tutoring. That said, one can change my mind on this, especially with BBBS.

2) fundraising doesn't get a lot of credit as service. I'm okay with getting supplies for hospitals in other countries, but not all of the faculty see it like I would.

There is still the issue of service orientation activities. Getting recognition for service helps me give you the benefit of the doubt, but I need to still see something.

I need a breakdown here.

1) what club is this? Bringing younger children to universities as part of mentoring, but it would fall into that bucket with tutoring. That said, one can change my mind on this, especially with BBBS.

2) fundraising doesn't get a lot of credit as service. I'm okay with getting supplies for hospitals in other countries, but not all of the faculty see it like I would.

There is still the issue of service orientation activities. Getting recognition for service helps me give you the benefit of the doubt, but I need to still see something.
Hey

1. Ehh this one’s a little tricky. We did a lot of different volunteer work like judge science fairs but like I said, the main thing was throwing events and bringing high school students to campus in order to expose them to college because 90% of them understand what it was all about.

2. Fundraising was one component. We did a lot of general volunteer work and it wasn’t medical related at all. I feel very secure with this activity.