URGENT: Should I take a course with these predicted science GPA results?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moose786

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone -- I found an online excel sheet where I could input all my grades in the courses I've taken at my university, and it tells me my science GPA, BCP GPA and overall GPA (according to how AADSAS commutes your GPA). Anyway, I have included grades of courses that I am taking this semester. I am debating between taking 17.5 credits or 14.5 credits -- I am debating between the two mainly because I am going to be shadowing, volunteering and studying for the DAT this semester, too.

Anyway: my predicted GPAs with 14.5 credits:
BCP: 3.06
Science: 3.05
Overall: 3.38

My predicted GPAs with 17.5 credits:
BCP: 3.06
Science: 3.11
Overall: 3.39

My main concern is the science GPA -- a 3.11 definitely looks better than a 3.05 when I look at it. My question is -- would it really make a difference or be viewed as the essentially the same thing? I feel like dental schools would want the higher science GPA, too. This extra class that's making the difference between a 3.05 and a 3.11 is relatively easy, too, but I would rather not spend the extra few hours a week doing work for it when I don't really need to. PLEASE HELP. Add/drop for me ends in <23 hours. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If it's going to boost your gpa, take it. Make sure you can get an A.

If it helps your gpa defiantly do it. A 3.05 and a 3.11 are both very low so anything you can do to raise it would be great

I would say to take the 14.5 credits and nail the DAT, 22+. What if you took that other course and got a C?