Upitt vs UMaryland 2-year CCM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaretoZlatan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all

I would like to get peoples opinion on which of these two is the stronger program. I know both are really strong clinically but for the 2-year CCM program, which would you all choose for training. Any pros/cons?

Thanks for your help

Members don't see this ad.

Hey y'all

I would like to get peoples opinion on which of these two is the stronger program. I know both are really strong clinically but for the 2-year CCM program, which would you all choose for training. Any pros/cons?

Thanks for your help

Nice spot to be in. That is if your choices are one or the other and you can go to both.

Pitt is the holy land of critical care. Very multidisciplinary. You get worked like a red headed step child in a way which is kind of ****ed up BUT it’s hard to argue you don’t get very good training that way. Hard to pass that up to be honest provided you have the personality, temperament, and personal/relationship responsibilities that can deal with it.

None of this of course means Maryland “sucks”. But their more known for their shock trauma program which bends towards the surgical.

You will be trained well by either obviously.

Have you interviewed at both?

Reactions: 1 users
Yes I have.

I am referring to the CCM program and not the other Surgical-ICU program they have at Shock trauma. I guess I am trying to figure out what I wouldn't get at UMD that I would get at UPitt and vice-versa

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I have.

I am referring to the CCM program and not the other Surgical-ICU program they have at Shock trauma. I guess I am trying to figure out what I wouldn't get at UMD that I would get at UPitt and vice-versa

More transplant exposure at Pitt. More chances to research whatever you really want. It the spot to launch a niche research and critical care career. If academics aren’t as important than probably not so so much. It’s not like you are going to suck coming out of training at UMD.

Go where you liked it the best. This isn’t rocket science.

Reactions: 1 users
Not quite in the same league as Pitt and UMD but what are the forum's thoughts on Critical Care training at Albert Einstein Montefiore v Memorial Sloan Kettering?

Not quite in the same league as Pitt and UMD but what are the forum's thoughts on Critical Care training at Albert Einstein Montefiore v Memorial Sloan Kettering?

I've heard good things about Montefiore - strong clinically. Have not heard as much about Sloan Kettering.

Reactions: 1 user